Tuesday, March 12, 2013

LOVE.....

Good morning everyone!

Last week I went on a shopping trip and stopped at Tuesday Mornings.
Love stopping there to see what kind of scrappy goodness I can find!
This was a lucky trip because I found some of 
Tim Holtz's tape runners and his baubles! 
YAY!

I also found some Graphic45 papers,
The Once upon a Springtime
and 
La Cirque collections! 
YAY again!

Sunday, while it was raining all day.....
 then icing.....
then snowing.....
I decided to pull out my thick chipboard letters, 
that I bought months ago,
 and cover them using the La Cirque collection.


I started with painting the sides of the chipboard letters with Antique White Folk Art paint.
I got the mod podge out and used that to adhere the papers to the chipboard.
I used two pieces of paper, 
front and back. 

From the scraps I fussy cut some of the flowers to use with 
pop dots in different areas all over.


On the "V" I used a mask  and modeling paste then, with a water brush and a few distress inks 
(mustard seed, rusty hinge, peeled paint & pine needles), 
I painted the modeling paste. 


Once I decided approximately where everything was going to go I glued the letters together then added my embellishings. 

I used a little bit of Buttercup liquid pearls to dot the center of some of the flowers and a bit on the modeling paste flowers.


The lace and trims are all from my stash.
I sprayed all the laces with Butterscotch Color Wash spray.

The lace on the "E" was then sprayed with 
Black Marble Dylusions spray.
(I wanted that one to pop more instead of blending the way it did with just the Butterscotch)


Nothing like staying warm and cozy in your scrappy room while the weather is blustery outside!
Stay warm everyone!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Carol, I love this. How talented you are. This is why I enjoy being a follower of yours - I get so inspired from you. Wonderful job...joann sassy raggedy