Monday, March 18, 2013

Wall hanging.....

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to show you the third wall hanging that I made for my husband to hang at work.

Once again I started with a Goodwill frame,
as a matter of fact this was the match to the last one that I made.
You can see that and what it originally looked like here.


I did a light white wash to the frame.

I painted the backer board with gesso, 
then randomly painted some antique linen distress crackle paint.
I also sprayed sunflower sparkle perfect pearls mist all over.


I used a mask and some modeling paste to add the flowers.
I painted those flowers with worn lipstick, peeled paint & wild honey distress inks that I added water to.

All the images I added for the collage are from Gecko Galz

The lace trim is from my stash,
I added the yellow polka dot sheer ribbon from 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
I can well imagine the dimension achieved with the paste. The flowers add such a freshness yet still in keeping with the vintage feel.
Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

2amscrapper said...

Lovin' these Goodwill frame creations--this one is lovely--great background techniques!