Sunday, March 3, 2013

Wall hanging...

Good morning everyone!

Today I want to show you one of the framed wall hangings I did for my husband to hang at work.
He wanted me to make some girly pieces to hang in the restrooms for the ladies to have something nice to look at instead of the bland walls and old tiles that they are looking at now. 

I went down to Goodwill  and grabbed a few old framed pieces,
removed the old pictures that were in them and started playing around with the backer boards.

Here is the first one.....


I started out with gesso,
then added some modeling paste with a honeycomb stencil/mask from SaCrafter.
Next... 
stream Color Wash, suede, trunk bay & pink taffy Glimmer Mists were sprayed all over.


I grabbed a bunch of images and paper from Gecko Galz for layering.....
Wild About Flowers collage set
Birds of a Feather collage set
Quotes to Live By collage set
Calendar Days collage set
Postcard Memories collage set 
and 
Vanity Fair paper pkg.

I distressed the edges on the papers and images with my Tim Holtz distresser, then layered them on my piece.
I used pop dots on the quote and the little girl images.


I fussy cut the basket of flowers and the bird and pop dotted them as well.

A bit of bling from my stash to give my piece some sparkle.


The glass had a boarder painted on it that didn't go with what I had done so I did my best to scrape it off but  couldn't get it all off so I decided to add some lace and ribbon to the front of the glass to hide it the mess.


This last picture you can see the honey comb texture
and a close up of the ribbon and lace.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

My goodness Carol what a beautiful creation. I am going to the thrift store tomorrow...lol This is so wonderful. Great job...joann sassy raggedy