Friday, March 8, 2013

Hanging Picture Frames...

Hi Everybody!

Since moving here, a little more than a year ago, my neighbors have proved to be wonderful people,
 doing things like...

taking me to the emergency room when I cut off my finger nail 
(it healed quite nicely by the way),
and 
all winter long I have had my driveway plowed out for me
(which is beyond wonderful since I can't handle the cold for too long with my asthma and I am so out of shape shoveling would probably hurt a LOT),

So I decided to do something for them.

They have two cute little boys so I altered a photo frame for them.


It started out looking like this...


I removed one of the frames (I have plans for that one),
I painted the edges and the ring hooks with Buttermilk Americana acrylic paint, 
then using mod podge, 
I added a couple pieces of cardstock from 
The Countryside Villa paper pkg by The Paper Studio.

I sanded the edges a little bit,
I got out my new crackle mask & added some modeling paste,
then added vintage photo distress ink over all!

All the metal pieces were painted with the same buttermilk paint I used on the frame, then wiped a little off.

Here is a close up of the top frame.....


A close up of the bottom frame.....


Here you can see my Tim Holtz metal bits that I painted
and a little peek at the modeling paste on the top right edge.
You can also see that I took the paint and did a little dry brushing on top of the paper in streaks here and there.....


A couple more Tim Holtz metal pieces 
hanging from one of Prima's Tiny Junkyard Findings.


The close up below, 
shows off the metal corner piece, I just picked up at Michaels,
a couple of buttons from my stash,
skeleton leaf below the bow,
and
the True Hemp twine,
that I tied into a bow as well as a couple of buttons.....


And this last picture you can see a couple more skeleton leaves.....


I think a couple pictures of their little angels will make this project perfect!

Photobucket
Post a Comment