Thursday, March 14, 2013

Gecko Galz Spring Fling DT Project

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all have been enjoying Gecko Galz Spring Fling!
Everyday one of the DT will have a Spring Project featured on Gecko Galz.
With each project there is an explanation on how we've made our projects.

Today is my turn!

I started with a framed piece I bought at Goodwill.....


And this is what it looks like now.....


I removed the original image and used the backer board for my piece.
I painted the backer board with Folk Art Vintage White acrylic paint.
I stamped a few different stamps here and there,
 then randomly sprayed 
Tsukineko walnut ink, 
Dylusions pure sunshine ink and 
Perfect Pearls Mists sunflower sparkle all over.
I used a paper towel to soak up some of the moisture then let the rest dry.

A few pieces of torn tissue paper in a couple areas,
a diamond mask from SaCrafters and some modeling paste 
add a bit of dimension.


Starting with an oval doily I began layering.....

 the Gecko Galz images I used are from
Birds of a Feather Collage set
Alter Me Collage set
Wild About Flowers Collage set
and 
Vanity Fair Paper pkg 


I fussy cut the flower image and a bird.

The flower image and the birds piece, in the center, were added with pop dots.

To finish off I added the lace & pearl trim and
 the crochet fan that I sprayed with the pure sunshine and walnut ink sprays I used on the backer board.

The frame... 
I simply painted, then sanded some of the paint off.


Here is another look at the finished piece.....


I am going to have a hard time letting go of this piece but I promised my husband three pieces to go to work with him and this is one of them.
Photobucket

1 comment:

2amscrapper said...

great details! love your project!