Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Altered bottle.....

Hi everyone!
I hope you all are having a great week!

Today I decided to combine two challenges.....

Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge - Altered State
&
Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge - Ribbons & flowers

I just finished off a bottle of maple syrup the other day, cleaned the bottle and had it sitting on my desk so I started with that.

Here's my finished bottle.....


I started with a bit of tissue paper that I stamped with random stamps, 
then mod podged it onto the bottle.

From there I grabbed a label from Gecko Galz Vintage Labels collage set and mod podged it onto the front of the bottle.

I covered that with a bit of lace from my stash.

I added some trim (from Piece by Piece) to the top and bottom of the lace.


A fabric flower I made using the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and a Prima wooden leaf, that I colored with my peeled paint distress markers and sprayed with a little bit of green patina Perfect Pearls Mist, is tucked underneath.

On the top part of the lace, I added a chipboard button that I added a bit of stamped fabric to, 
and a couple of buttons from my stash.


The shimmery ribbon (Sheer Iridescent Copper) on top, for my bow, is from 

 I added a Prima wood bird on a branch, that I colored with
 brushed corduroy & tumbled glass distress markers.

And tucked underneath the bird is a piece of lace scrap that I had on my desk. 

Photobucket

3 comments:

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful altered bottle! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo beautiful. You're not in my number group...butI had to leave a comment anyway : ) Ilove love love it! Huggs from G

Anonymous said...

This altered bottle is gorgeous! I love all of the beautiful details including that vintage label. So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Altered State Challenge this week.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)