Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Altered bottle.....

Hi everyone!
I hope you all are having a great week!

Today I decided to combine two challenges.....

Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge - Altered State
&
Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge - Ribbons & flowers

I just finished off a bottle of maple syrup the other day, cleaned the bottle and had it sitting on my desk so I started with that.

Here's my finished bottle.....


I started with a bit of tissue paper that I stamped with random stamps, 
then mod podged it onto the bottle.

From there I grabbed a label from Gecko Galz Vintage Labels collage set and mod podged it onto the front of the bottle.

I covered that with a bit of lace from my stash.

I added some trim (from Piece by Piece) to the top and bottom of the lace.


A fabric flower I made using the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and a Prima wooden leaf, that I colored with my peeled paint distress markers and sprayed with a little bit of green patina Perfect Pearls Mist, is tucked underneath.

On the top part of the lace, I added a chipboard button that I added a bit of stamped fabric to, 
and a couple of buttons from my stash.


The shimmery ribbon (Sheer Iridescent Copper) on top, for my bow, is from 

 I added a Prima wood bird on a branch, that I colored with
 brushed corduroy & tumbled glass distress markers.

And tucked underneath the bird is a piece of lace scrap that I had on my desk. 

Photobucket
Post a Comment