Monday, March 25, 2013

Tea Time tag.....

Good morning!

The other day, 
when it was snowing outside,
I stayed in my warm scrappy room, creating.
One of the things I created was this tag.....


The background paper is one of 
Graphic45's 
Once upon a Springtime Collection.

I added a strip of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape to the side, 
then topped it with a little bit of modeling paste with a damask mask.

I distressed the edges and added some vintage photo distress ink.
A little vintage photo ink went on the masking as well.
Topped it all off with some perfect pearls mist to add some shimmer.

The piece of gauze was sprayed with perfect copper, Perfect Pearls Mist.
  
And while I was spraying I sprayed 
sunflower sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist on the 
Tattered Florals Flower I made with some cotton fabric and 
green patina PPMist on the lace that I cut for the leaves.


I added a little strip of sticky back lace ribbon under the flower and
 a red skeleton leaf under the (lace) leaves.


How cute is this teapot charm?
I found it at SaCrafters.
I added a Tim Holtz bauble and tied them both to the seam binding.

The tile is a Prima I've been hording. 
I don't know if you can read it, it says...
"this is the best part of my day".

What part of the day is better than tea time?


This last picture you can see the dress form, on top of the gauze, that I put the tile on. 
The dress form was taped to the outside of a pkg of goodies that I bought from Piece by Piece recently.

*****

While on the tea time theme I thought I would share my last new tea cup & saucer I found on my last trip to the antique mall.....


The colors have more of a fall hue but that won't stop me from using it now!
LOL


Love the pattern!


Looks great with filled with some Irish Breakfast.....


Happy Tea Time!

*****
I'm linking up to...
Rose Chintz Cottage's Tea Time Tuesday

Photobucket

10 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Carol, Your tag is so beautiful! Love your teacup too. What a nice find! Happy Tea Time Tuesday.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the tag you made and your teacup is pretty. Irish breakfast tea is a favourite instead of coffee some mornings.

Deb said...

Pretty tag and a very unique looking tea-cup and saucer. I love the colours. Deb

Tea in Texas said...

I knew this was a Spode cup and saucer when I saw the shape but didn't remember the pattern! It truly was a great find at the antique mall. Your beautiful tag is perfect with the darling teapot charm and pink hues. You are a creative lady!

Snap said...

Love your tag. You new teacup is lovely ... very different ... almost a Morrocan look ... Copeland Sorrento ... perhaps a Spanish flavor?!!! I like it! Happy Tea Day!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty and the sweetest of details.
Wishes
Lynne

Veronica Roth said...

Happy tea time Carol! You have a terrific imagination; I love the tag you made.
Have a lovely day. :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
What a sweet tag and I love the wee teapot and drop on it. Your teacup looks nice filled with Irish Breakfast which is also a favourite of mine. Thank you for sharing with us and coming to tea. Have a beautiful day.

Easter blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

I saw your pretty teacup and new it was a Copeland Spode and had to come visit! I love their teacups! LOVE the teapot charm! How cute is that!!??!!
Ruth

Heather said...

Beautiful tag! THe little teacup charm is darling!! Sweet embossing :0) I love your tea cup!
Hugs
BOLB