Thursday, March 20, 2014

Primative candle lamp decor.....

Good afternoon everyone!

I took a ride up to the antique store last week, 
then did a bit of internet shopping.

My goal.....
find some decor pieces for my home.

We've been here for 2 1/2 yrs now and I have yet to really get to decorating!
Part of the reason is the lack of furniture...
some of what we own is still back, 
too many states away,
 in a shed 
and 
some of what we have here was torn apart by a dog! 
 I would love to be able to buy a few new pieces but as you all know furniture can be a bit pricey so we are dealing!

As much as I'd like to start with furniture,
I've gotten to the point though where I am tired of waiting so instead of starting with a new sofa and maybe a chair or two I am starting with the decor bits...
a table or two...
a few shelves to hang on the walls...
a couple of altered pieces I've made...

Which brings me to what I have to show you today!

Forgive me but I always forget to take pictures of the before pieces!
(I did take pic's of a couple pieces just not all of them!)

Here is what I made.....


I love that light bulb! 
LOL
I bought the little candle lamp online at 
Factory Direct Craft.


Below you can see the little wooden sign.....


I found the rectangular galvanized pan/bucket at the antique store.


I also found these there too...
the sunflower, star and the wooden sentiment sign


Another look at my new piece in front of my window.....


Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting! 





3 comments:

2amscrapper said...

what a great make, Carol! it's perfect for in front of the window!

Sandi McLean said...

Lovin' your vignette! We can make the most incredible displays out of bits..when we can find the bits! Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
Sorry I have been so quiet but with the viruses in my laptop and trying to catch-up with this and that I have neglected friends such as you.
This is wonderful, there is a lovely warmth and comfort.
Wishes
Lynne