Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gecko Galz Spotlight.....

Good morning everyone!

Today I have a couple pieces to show you!

I am in the spotlight over at Gecko Galz this month!

I was given these three pieces...
an ephemera image, a stamp file and a paper file.
All free, here, this month at Gecko Galz!

Right away I liked the paper file!
I don't know what it is about it but I seem to be drawn to written papers...so many possibilities!
And that stamp is so cute!
The ephemera image had me stumped for a little bit though!

After mulling it all over for a little bit this is what I came up with.....


I printed two of the ephemera images and fussy cut one.
I got out my favorite pop dots and added the balloon on top of the full image, 
then added some butterflies leaving their wings free to flap in the wind.

I layered the paper and the image with a green cardstock.
I put a couple of lacy trims across the center of the background piece, 
then more pop dots were used to put my image on top 
and finished it off with a bow (made with my bow-it-all).

Below is a close up of the pop dotted balloon image.


Although it was not an image I normally would have been drawn to I am so happy that I got to use it...
I am happy with the card I created with it!
Just goes to prove you should step outside of your box once in a while...
you may be surprised with the results...
I was!

***

Next I made an ATC.

I cut a piece of a doily and added it to one side of the background paper.
I printed the stamp on a piece of paper from this months Solarium paper pkg and glued that on top of the doily.
I added a piece of scrap trim to the top of the atc.
The trim was sprayed with Cosmopolitan Pink spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang.
I added the pearl trim and 
a bow I made with a piece of seam binding and my bow-it-all.


I am playing bingo with Jenny with this atc.....
I used the top row...pink (paper), lace (trim) and ribbon (bow)

***

And my last project is this tag.

I printed the stamp on another piece of the Solarium paper pkg, 
then I cut all my papers into a tag shape.
I layered the brown cardstock, matted with the stamped paper, 
on top of the script paper, with pop dots.
I fussy cut the chick image from the Beautiful March collage sheet and glued him down to stand on top of the stamp frame.
I thread some brown & white bakers twine around the matted image and added a twine bow.
I used dots of glue and glitter around the edges of the stamped image tag.
I finished off with a bit of trim for the bottom of the tag,
a brown seam binding bow and 
a piece of wire I shaped into an Easter egg
(twisting the ends of the wire in the front of the tag)!


Hope you hop on over and get your freebies from Gecko Galz and 
check out the new products out this month!

*****
Seam binding - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Dreams ultrafine transparent glitter - Art Glitter
Cosmopolitan Pink spray - Lindy's Stamp Gang

*****

I'll be linking up to .....
A Creative Romance - Jenny's Bingo Game

*****

Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow Carol I love all three of your creations. I did go over and get the freebies and I am going to try to get something made. I always love what you make so maybe I can do it. Thanks for the inspiration! joann