Saturday, March 1, 2014

Gecko Galz Spring Garden DT challenge

Good morning everyone!

This month, 
over at Gecko Galz
we, on the DT,
 were given a Spring Garden themed challenge.
Along with the theme we were also given
Jodi Lee's paper collection Natures Garden.
We want to show you how well the Natures Garden papers work with Gecko Galz products!
I think they work quite well and I hope you do too!

This is what I decided to make.....


I started with a piece of a corrugated box and painted it with gesso.

I topped that with dry sand chalk ink (Ingval Bolme).
I've also added the dry sand ink on the edges of all the papers and image.

I tore a piece of Jodi Lee's Natures Garden paper for my background.
On top of that I added some cheese cloth.
I distressed the edges of the ephemera image,
 from the Beautiful March collage sheet, 
and placed that to left, then, 
with pop dots, 
I added the Easter Bonnets collage sheet image on top.

I used rock moss chalk ink (Ingval Bolme) 
on the leaves (cut on my Cameo).
I glued that down and added the flowers on top.
I tucked the lace trim and pearls into the flower grouping.

The banner piece I cut from another paper from the Natures Garden papers adding a couple of gems.

I finished off my piece with a bow,
made with my bow-it-all, 
with a little bling
and a butterfly that I crochet a while ago.

Another look at my project...


*****

I hope you can stop by Gecko Galz and take a look at the rest of the DT's Spring Garden projects and check out the customer challenge!

This month we ask that you create an Easter inspired paper crafted item.
The only rule...
You must use one Gecko Galz product!
It can be one of the free images, stamps, collage sheet images, etc..
The winner will receive the Jodi Lee gift pkg 
and 
a $25 shopping spree from Gecko Galz!

You'll need to email your entry to Gecko Galz at 
geckogalz2014@gmail.com
by March 31st 
and the winner will be announced 
on April 1st!

*****

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so dreamy. Love the way you inked all the paper edges and the use of cheesecloth - I absolutely love this creation.
Wishes
Lynne