Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Altered Tea Candle box.....

Hi friends!

Tonight I want to show off a candle holder I altered today.


Below is a picture of what it looked like before.....


I grabbed a few of these, for $1.50 each, at a dollar store last year.

I used a sheet of Graphic45's 
Once Upon a Springtime Collection paper
 to cover all the sides, top and bottom of the box. 
I used mod podge to adhere it all.

I sanded all the edges, then added some vintage photo distress ink.
Love that vintage look!

I added the lace trim from my stash.


The tag and flower were made with 
My Artistic Adventures 
I'm out of printer ink so I was lucky enough to have this collage set printed already!

I cut a tag down to make it small enough for the box and used a couple of flower punches to make the flower with the remainder of the tag.
I added a pink pearl to the center of the flower and wrapped some fibers around the back.


I added some glitter on the tag and banner.....
Lettuce on the banner & Wild Rose on the tag from Art Glitter.

Before the glitter, I added a bit of vintage photo distress ink to the banner, tag and flower.

I added a couple mulberry roses & leaf to the flower cluster then
 added them all,
 overlapping the tag & banner.


*****

I will be linking up with
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Challenge #3 Vintage or Retro

*****

You still have time to join us for 
Hope to see you all there!


Post a Comment