Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Altered Tea Candle box.....

Hi friends!

Tonight I want to show off a candle holder I altered today.


Below is a picture of what it looked like before.....


I grabbed a few of these, for $1.50 each, at a dollar store last year.

I used a sheet of Graphic45's 
Once Upon a Springtime Collection paper
 to cover all the sides, top and bottom of the box. 
I used mod podge to adhere it all.

I sanded all the edges, then added some vintage photo distress ink.
Love that vintage look!

I added the lace trim from my stash.


The tag and flower were made with 
My Artistic Adventures 
I'm out of printer ink so I was lucky enough to have this collage set printed already!

I cut a tag down to make it small enough for the box and used a couple of flower punches to make the flower with the remainder of the tag.
I added a pink pearl to the center of the flower and wrapped some fibers around the back.


I added some glitter on the tag and banner.....
Lettuce on the banner & Wild Rose on the tag from Art Glitter.

Before the glitter, I added a bit of vintage photo distress ink to the banner, tag and flower.

I added a couple mulberry roses & leaf to the flower cluster then
 added them all,
 overlapping the tag & banner.


*****

I will be linking up with
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Challenge #3 Vintage or Retro

*****

You still have time to join us for 
Hope to see you all there!


14 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Altered candle holder...great deal for $1...love it!!
Hugs
from your BOLB
thank you for the shout out :0)

creative lady said...

Carol, what a beautiful altered candle holder. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

Shea said...

OK, this is some seriously shabby cuteness going on. LOVE those fibers behind the flower, what a great touch! This whole thing is ADORABLE!

Sandi McLean said...

Love it! And the deal, well that's almost free LOL

Unknown said...

Love how you took ehhh and turned it to wow!
This is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I just love altered art! You made this little tea light holder into a vintage work of art! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #3 Vintage/Retro!

Tammi said...

You altered this beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Jan Marie said...

You definitely upcycled that candle holder!! Love the after and that flower bundle! Nice work. Thanks for sharing your hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

So beautiful..love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anon.

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty project. So many details...a feast for the eyes! Thank so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.....I hope you come back and play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

Glenda said...

This turned out to be a beautiful piece. Love the lace you used! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Amber Milone said...

Such a creative idea! I love the papers and how you sanded and inked the edges. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

Gloria Stengel said...

Wonderful "trash to treasure" project. Love the flower. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

I love re-purposing fabulous finds....fabulous vintage candle....thanks so much for playing along with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog