Friday, March 28, 2014

Altered cigar box...

Good morning everyone! 

While during one of my usual distractions, 
as I was cleaning my craft room recently,
 I decided to alter a cigar box I found hiding in my closet.

I'll finish cleaning my craft room one of these days!

Over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge #4 is 
Show some Sparkle, Glitz or Glam,
 I will be entering my box there.

Here it is.....


I think it has a simple kind of glam and my sparkle is my wheat sprays.

Looking at the picture I just realize the only new thing on this is the flower.
I've had the Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime Collection papers for a while.
The trim I used was on the bottom of my jar of lacy trims.
The ribbon was given to me by a friend a couple years ago.

And the legs, I'm just realizing, 
I bought last year for another project, 
that I haven't gotten to yet!
I just realized that...
 as I turned in my chair and see the piece I was going to put them on 
sitting right beside me now!
Oops, guess I'll be shopping for some more soon!
LOL


I left the box simple because I will be using this on my bedside table to hold all those wonderful things I need beside me at night...glasses, inhaler, etc...
Now maybe I'll stop knocking things off the table and into the trash while I sleep! LOL

Below is a close up of the flower, wheat spray 
and bow (made with my Bow-it-all)


Thanks for stopping by!

Hope you have a great weekend!

I'm linking up with...
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - #4 Show some Sparkle, Glitz & Glam



11 comments:

Unknown said...

so pretty. Love the addition of the feet.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Tammi said...

what a neat project!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Pammejo said...

Lovely altered box, so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Glenda said...

Your box is lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

2amscrapper said...

what a wonderful transformation!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Those wheat sprays are gorgeous! Love this pretty, elegant and practical box! Thanks for joining in the fun at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge#4: Sparkle, Glitz or Glam!

Jan Marie said...

Oh so very pretty! Love the flower spray with your bow and wheat spray!! Great way to pull from your stash! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

Awesome! I love the flower cluster. And the feet for the box! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

So lovely! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

creative lady said...

Love your altered cigar box. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge.

Heather said...

This is fabulous Carol!! I LOVE that color paper...and your crystal wheat sprays look fabby with your flower and bow!!
Hugs
Heather