Sunday, February 2, 2014

Anything Goes challenge - Love You box......

Good morning everyone! 

It's time for a new challenge over at 

The challenge.....#3 Anything Goes!

Use any digi from My Artistic Adventures Etsy 
and create anything your heart desires...tags, boxes, cards, etc...
(sorry, no digital entries)

I made this mini matchbox.....


I started with a matchbox that I cut on my Silhouette Cameo.
To cover the matchbox I printed one of the Vintage Music Large Tags and cut it to fit the all the sides of the box then went around all the edges with some glitter (Challis) from Art Glitter 

To the top of the box I added mesh ribbon and a bit of crochet lace.

I then, printed a couple of the Romantic Focals Cupid Text box red hearts.
I trimmed one of the hearts to fit on top of the box, over the ribbons.
I added Wild Rose glitter, also from Art Glitter, around the edges of the heart.

Below you can see the box opened with a small tag I made using a small tag from the 
I added the same mesh and crochet ribbon to the tag and added one of the 
Conversation Hearts Image Card Bases hearts with Wild Rose glitter with a couple of little leaves tucked underneath. 
The bows on the top of the box and on the tag were made with my favorite new toy, my Bow-it-All.
Under the bows I added a couple of pearl trim pieces from my stash.

On top of the heart, the sentiment boxes are from the 
Romantic Roses Birds collage set 
and the little rose is from my stash.


I cut up a couple of the red hearts to cover the edges and inside of the drawer piece of the box.


Above you can see that I added a bit of ribbon for a little handle to open the box.
Below you can see I tucked that ribbon in under the paper that I laid inside the box.


Make sure to check out the challenge blog and see all the other wonderful DT projects!

*****
For those of you who are wanting to get a jump on Christmas this year be sure to check out our 2nd challenge, which is still running.
We are hoping to make this years Christmas season a little bit easier on everyone by having a Christmas challenge every month to help us out. 
With any luck the last minute rush won't be so crazy for the 2014's holidays.

*****

I also want to let you in on a giveaway over at 
My Artistic Adventures!
This little collage sheet is just one of the little cuties that Heather is giving away.....


Check out her blog HERE to see the whole set!
Super cute set!

*****

I am linking up to these challenges...
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Anything but a card & ribbon
Sugar Creek Hollow - Love & Adore
Creative Cutting challenge - #27 Love

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!


12 comments:

Candy C said...

Carol...your little Valentine matchbox is so sweet. I love it! <3 Candy

Heather said...

Gorgeous Carol!! You always do such fun things with my sheets!! I just love this...tiny things get me every time!!
I love how you did the little tag inside!!

That is one FABBY BOW you made with your new toy!! You know I love the leaves!!

Thank you for making this beauty for my challenge!!
Hugs BOLB!!

Sandi McLean said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I do matchbox swaps regularly, will be stealin' your ideas :) Tickled to be working with you, Hugs, Sandi

Micupoftea said...

Love the little box, Carol! Nice details :)

Marcie Rhys said...

Wow Carol. What an incredible amount of detail on your box and tag. I had to go back to your text when I realized that these were small, and they are super small!

I just got my 'Bow-It-All', and I recognized your bow as being made with it. Isn't it great for making small neat bows. Before, my bows were very small (made on a fork), or they were much larger.

Your box is super, and I love the colors and the glitter, as well as all the ribbon trims. Lucky recipient. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is full of vintage shabby chicness!
I wonder what treasures you will nestle inside this sweet box you created.
Wishes
Lynne

Shea said...

Squeee!!!! This little box is so p'ecious I would want to keep it out so I could look at it every day. (And play with opening it, too!) You did a great job with all the darling design details! LOVE the tiny little heart on the inside and those ribbon leaves!

2amscrapper said...

I absolutely love this project, Carol! So much vintage goodness!

Grannymama said...

Beautiful little matchbox. Thank you for playing with us in the Love challenge at Creative Cutting Challenge.

Carolyn
CCC DT

Bonnie Garby said...

What a wonderful little box! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Such a gorgeous matchbox! Great job and thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge this time.
Cindy
DT Leader

Daniele said...

such a sweet box, love the bling thanks for joining us at SCH
hugs