Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gecko Galz July Dt sample

Today I want to show you the samples I made using Gecko Galz new July products.

First is this card I made for my niece, 
she is expecting her first baby...
it's a girl!


I went pretty simple with this one.
The banner flags are from the B is for banner collection.
  The "g i r l" pieces as well as the brads are from my stash.
I used platinum stickles on all to give it some sparkle.

This one might actually go without extra postage! 
LOL

***

This next one was fun.

I pulled out my Compendium of Curiosities to find something different to do.
I chose the Scribble Stain Distress technique.
Using broken china & peeled paint distress inks spread on my craft mat, 
I then dragged some tea dye reinker through the inks on my mat, 
sprayed it with a homemade mist
and 
dragged my tag through it all.


I am loving the marbled look I ended up with!

A little piece of lace, the rust colored rose and blue rose buds are from Wild Orchids Crafts.
The cream curly rose is from I am Roses.
The rub on's and brown ribbon are from my stash. 
And...
The cute little girl image is from Gecko Galz Monday's Child collection.

***

And this is the altered notebook I made,
 that my teenage daughter claimed immediately!


I actually started this one out by simply playing around with the flower arrangement on one of the diecuts that my other daughter sent to me.

All the flowers are from Wild Orchids.
Leaves are from I am Roses.
The pearl drops and clear gems are from Pro31 Design.

Once I had that done I had to figure out what to do with it!
LOL

Looking through my scrap stash I found this paper and thought this would look great with my flowery diecut.

More searching...

I spotted my stash of notebooks...
 then I had a plan!

I used Gecko Galz B is for Banner collection again.
I dotted them with hot cocoa liquid pearls.

The dark brown lace/ribbon is from my mom's stash.
It was bright white but I dabbed it with vintage photo distress stain.
I love the deep brown I ended up with.

This note book I am entering in the Altered Composition Notebook Challenge at Gecko Galz.


*****
Photobucket

4 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Beautiful work...the banners are delightful!

Kay Wallace said...

Three very different projects, all with astonishing results! I think it is so inspiring to open scrappy things when they arrive in the mail. Totally inspiring, and you immediately want to sit down and create! But, don't you find it inspiring, too, to start looking around your scrap area and spot something you haven't use in a while--or, like me, have *never* used? That, too, for me is inspiring. I am thinking your notebook cover would be a fine art journaling book cover! Thanks for the inspiration!

2amscrapper said...

great projects. I love the banners and you used them so well!

2amscrapper said...

love your samples!