Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer of Color

Happy Saturday everyone! 

Today I want to show you the piece I made for 
Twinkle Twinkles Summer of Color challenge.


Here's the color inspiration...


Does that look yummy or what?

In the close up below you can see that I heat embossed over stamped swirls.

The Gecko Galz image I used is from a freebie I got last September just for being signed up for the Gecko Galz newsletter! 

Sign up for Gecko Galz newsletter and you too can receive freebies every month!
Just scroll down and look for the beauty in the sidebar, she'll show you were to enter your email address!


This beauty had feathers in her hat so I decided to make them pop off the page with some real ones! 
Then added the gems, from my stash, because I thought she deserved some bling!

The butterfly was just a plain white die cut I had sitting on my desk,
leftover from another project ages ago.

I tapped it with broken china, peeled paint and dusty concord distress inks, glittered the edges with my favorite platinum stickles and added the pearls, from my stash, for his body. 

Here is a closer look at the butterfly.
I love the look of the tapped ink, 
 it gives it a bit of a textured look.


I also used the dusty concord, broken china and peeled paint distress inks on the distressed edges of all my pieces.


And while I was at it with all those inks I took my lace and dabbed that too!

The pearls on the beauties hat were green (except for the little one).
The rest of the gems were clear, 
I hit them with citrus alcohol ink to make them green.

***

Linking up to:
Twinkle Twinkle - Summer of Color wk 5
Joyful Stampers - Anything goes
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is delightful.
I adore the addition of the feather in her hat, brings the image to life.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. Very elegant considering your color inspiration lol. That picture reminds me when I was little and my grandpa used to take my sister and I to Meijer and get us a scoop of superman ice cream. Anyway.....love the layering and and embossing. Thanks for sharing!

Sassy Raggedy said...

WOW, you got this one just right. The colors are perfect. Beautiful. Wonderful job. joann sassy raggedy

fairyrocks said...

Thanks so much for popping by and leaving kind comments. LOVE this card work and boy did you do a wonderful job of interpreting that ice cream cone. It looks like candy to my eyes.
Keep smiling and creating

Caz said...

oh wow that is really lovely!!! The feather is such a nice touch!!

Shahrul Niza said...

What a cute tag!. Love the distressed edges all over the sides :).

Joanna said...

Super tag, I love her hat!

Mandy said...

A beautiful piece...love the green edging and that feather just tops off the stunning image...xxx

2amscrapper said...

This is gorgeous, Carol! I love how you interpreted the colors with this beautiful image! Great butterfly too!

Starr said...

Oh my gosh, Carol, this is stunning! I keep looking and find something else I missed. Wow, this is a beauty!

Hugs,