Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Elegance and Lace

Today I had to play with the Shabby Tea Room's inspiration.

Look at how pretty it is...


I would love to live in that room!

Here is the card I made...


I don't usually work with these colors,
I'm not a pink girl,
 but when I do a project like this I absolutely love the look!

The pink center piece is core'dinations.
I sanded it and distressed the edges.

 I LOVE the shabby chic look!

I used tea dye distress ink on the all the edges.

The large pearl in the corners as well as the pearl swirl & the rosy die cut, in the center, were from my stash.
The flower under my rosy die cut was a piece of trim I found at Walmart.
The lace behind everything is from Creating is fun.
The rose bud's are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The pearl spray is from Pro31 Design.

A close up...


Here you can see the rock candy distress crackle paint that I put on the rosy die cut.

*****

I'm linking to:
The Shabby Tea Room - Elegance and Lace

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

You created such a beautiful card, Carol. I don't see this as what we normally think of when someone says PINK! This is more rose, so delicate, so soft, so beautiful!

Carol Salisbury said...

Thank you Kay! It is coming off a bit rosy in the picture but it is a dark shade of pink and the card itself is a pale shade of pink but it's looking more like cream. The cream piece that I used for the mat for my center die cut looks like the same pale pink as the card.
Oh well, guess I need to brush up on my photo taking skills and get these colors looking right... or stop taking my pictures at night! LOL
I do like the card enough that I got out some more pink and made a tag last night too. That post is to come.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Lovely Carol~

Handgathered said...

Really lovely! Soft, simple and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Carol
This is gorgeous. You know me well enough to know that I adore pink and adore shabby.
Wishes
Lynne

Heather said...

Gorgeousness!! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the pink...LOL...I know you are not a pink girl!! It sure turned out fabulous!! Love it! Great for the challenge in the Tea Room!! Hugs from your BOLB
Heather