Monday, July 9, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - July

Here is my version of Tim Holtz July tag...


I used Slate, Denim & Currant alcohol inks.

Where Tim used picket fence distress stain on the edges of the tag, 
I used weathered wood distress stain.

Not having the metal piece for the bottom I used a couple pieces of the same core'dinations papers as I used for the tags, 
distressed them, 
layered them 
and rubbed a small bit of the picket fence distress stain across the top 
and stamped it with the word "play".

Added a couple of brads for the "metal" effect and pop dotted it on top, across the stamped image.

I used a piece of colored & crinkled seam binding that I got at Shabby Beautiful 
and added a metal embellishment.

***

I'm linking to 
12 tags of 2012 - July
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol
What a wonderful background and great colour choice.
Wishes
Lynne

Elaine said...

Great tag and colour scheme.