Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Christmas in July...

over at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog.

When I found out that the challenge this week was Christmas I had to make a card!

Anything that gets me started so I am not doing the last minute rush is a good thing!

So here is the card I made...


My scrappy mojo seems to come and go these days and yesterday it went out!

It just about took me all day to do this card!

I chose the background and I had the digi stamp that I got from 
Whoopsi Daisy 
(it was a freebie)
that I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. 

I have to say that adding the polka dots after I was all done coloring in the image was one of my favorite parts.
I used the blender pen to dot the skirt, sleeves, collar and bow's, then went over them with a pale green.

After that...

I stalled!

Nothing I did seemed to come together for me!

So.....

I decided to take another approach.

I went smaller and made a tag! 

I used my pearl dabber on a couple of snowflake stamps for the background of the card.
Added barn door and peeled paint distress inks on top and a little bit of vintage photo distress ink on the edges.

Mounted my little cutie image on a piece of scrap green cardstock, 
a couple of pop dots,
a couple of circle pearl sprays, that kinda look like wings, on her back 
and 
my tag was done!


Then I was back to "what do I do now"!

An idea...

 The light bulb went on and it was shining on the vellum sheets that I bought years ago and never touched, 
I made a slide pocket for the front of the card and slid the tag in! 

I added a couple of square blingy pieces, from my stash, around the vellum 
and I was done!

One card, to wish a Merry Christmas 
and 
one tag for the recipient to hang on their tree!

Here is a peek at the inside of the card...



***

Linking to
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Christmas in July

***

Product Links
Pro31 Design - Circle Pearl Spray


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sande said...

Fabulous card! This image is sooo sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Hope to see you joining us again next week!

Hugs, Sande DT xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Carol, such a great idea to make a tag and a card.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Bettina L. said...

This is fab Carol- Love the idea of making both the christmas tag and card, and I particularly love the way you've embellished the tag. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx