Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Christmas in July...

over at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge blog.

When I found out that the challenge this week was Christmas I had to make a card!

Anything that gets me started so I am not doing the last minute rush is a good thing!

So here is the card I made...


My scrappy mojo seems to come and go these days and yesterday it went out!

It just about took me all day to do this card!

I chose the background and I had the digi stamp that I got from 
Whoopsi Daisy 
(it was a freebie)
that I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. 

I have to say that adding the polka dots after I was all done coloring in the image was one of my favorite parts.
I used the blender pen to dot the skirt, sleeves, collar and bow's, then went over them with a pale green.

After that...

I stalled!

Nothing I did seemed to come together for me!

So.....

I decided to take another approach.

I went smaller and made a tag! 

I used my pearl dabber on a couple of snowflake stamps for the background of the card.
Added barn door and peeled paint distress inks on top and a little bit of vintage photo distress ink on the edges.

Mounted my little cutie image on a piece of scrap green cardstock, 
a couple of pop dots,
a couple of circle pearl sprays, that kinda look like wings, on her back 
and 
my tag was done!


Then I was back to "what do I do now"!

An idea...

 The light bulb went on and it was shining on the vellum sheets that I bought years ago and never touched, 
I made a slide pocket for the front of the card and slid the tag in! 

I added a couple of square blingy pieces, from my stash, around the vellum 
and I was done!

One card, to wish a Merry Christmas 
and 
one tag for the recipient to hang on their tree!

Here is a peek at the inside of the card...



***

Linking to
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Christmas in July

***

Product Links
Pro31 Design - Circle Pearl Spray


Photobucket
Post a Comment