Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer time...

Happy Summertime everyone!

I made this card yesterday...


I started with the Gecko Galz Seaside Beauties 
and 
Gimp (free digital photo editing software).

I cleaned the girls up, removing them from their original background.

Then I grabbed a photo that I took when we were living down in Florida, a couple of summers ago,
and put the beauties on the beach.

Just off of the Beauty's (in green) elbow is 
my daughter (a wee little dot) 
and
 just to the right of her
 is my husband (with the black t-shirt on). 

Since the plan was a summertime beachy card
(for the Gecko Galz Dt challenge)
 I went to my Silhouette Cameo and cut a couple of seashell die cuts. 

I glued the layered die cuts on to a cardstock card and fussy cut around them.

I wanted the shell to have some texture so I dug into my stash of stuff I don't use too often
 and got out some dimensional paint and a stippling brush


and using the negative part of the die cut


I pounced my shell with the dimensional paint giving me the texture I wanted.


I added the photo to the top of the shell with pop dots and framed it with a strand of pearls from my stash.

Then with a stroke of luck, 
while strolling through Goodwill yesterday, 
I found a bag of little seashells so I was able to embellish with them. 


I don't know if you can see it but I used my finger to spread a little bit of gold glitter glue in the sand to give it that sandy sparkle.

Here's a peek at the inside...


*****

I am linking this to...
Sugar Creek Hollow - Summer Days


Photobucket

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How cool is this!?!!.....a sea shell shaped card! Love it!

Heather said...

This is fabulous!! I love how you used GIMP Carol to add the ladies to your own background!! Great idea!! Your shell turned out fabby as well!! Love the colors!! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow...and I am sure you got this at Gecko Galz too....:0)
Hugs from your
Bolb....Heather

Holly Young said...

fabulous card!!!!!!! such gorgeous dimension!

Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

Holly SCH DT

Payne Holler Cards said...

Wow! Love that shell...so awesome. Glad you shared with us at sugar creek hollow!