Saturday, July 28, 2012

Altered notebook

Every time I see a challenge that I would like to enter I write myself a note so I don't forget. 

However, there are so many, sometimes, that they get pushed aside to make room for the new ones.

Amazingly enough an unorganized pile of notes on my desk does not seem to help me much!

LOL 

I needed somewhere to write down my lists...
challenges I want to enter...
dates and details...
challenges I actually did enter...

All in one place would be nice!

So...

 I altered this notebook in hopes that will help eliminate the confusion
and 
the mess!


I love this paper from the Prima Romantique collection!


The hip rose buds are from Wild Orchids Crafts
I tied them in a little bouquet with a scrap piece of seam binding.


That beautiful rosy ruffled trim is from 
and 
the flat back daisy trim is from Pro31 Designs



I used my Cameo to cut out the word "Create" with grunge board
then painted it with tattered rose distress crackle paint.

When it dried I added vintage photo distress ink that I then wiped off leaving what was left in the cracks.
I love when the crackle paint falls off when I am adding the inks and it leaves the shabby/vintage worn paint look
 (the bottom of the "r")

I topped it all with glossy accents.


Wish me luck that this works
and
that I no longer have little sticky notes all over the place!

Happy weekend to you all!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
This is exceptionally pretty and practical!
I love altered notebooks, one of my favourite items to alter so this is right up my street.
Wishes
Lynne

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Carol, this is soooo beautiful!!! I LOVE it!!!
XO
Cindy

Heather said...

Carol this is fabby...let me know if it works for you :0) because I can't keep any of the challenges straight here. I LOVE LOVE that paper and the way your CREATE came out!! Now that I think about it, if it doesn't work for you...LOL...maybe it WILL work for me :0) meaning YOUR book of course...LO
Hugs from your BOLB :0)

Starr said...

Yaaay Carol! Love your notebook, aren't they fun and for " writers" like us we might as well right in style! LOVE IT!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Great altered notebook the paper is fab...Love it..joann sassy raggedy