Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In the pink

I don't know
I think pink is getting to me!

Yesterday it took me all day to do a Christmas card
A holiday card I usually have no problem making!

Today I decided to do the Shabby Tea Room Challenge 
Oh-So pretty in Pink 
and it only took a couple of hours 

And again,
 I have to say, 
I am not a pink kinda girl but I love it!

I chose to do an easel card today.

Here it is...


and the inspiration image...


Not just pretty but yummy looking too!

***

I distressed the edges of all my images and the ooh la la tag with my Tim Holtz distresser.

The polka dot background is from my scrap stash.

The striped piece is from Gecko Galz Versailles paper pack.
Also from Gecko Galz are the 4 center images,
all of them are from the Viva la France collage set. 

***
If you haven't been to Gecko Galz lately, you must go!
There are so many images collage sheets, paper packs, stamps and MORE to chose from so
 pop on over and take a peek!

***

I added the fan to my ooh la la tag for the inside of the card then cut it with my Cameo.
I stamped the ooh la la with a stamp I found a couple of years ago,
it was in the $1 bin at either Michaels or AC Moore.

And speaking of Michaels, the two open roses are from Recollections at Michaels.

The rose buds (hip buds) are from Wild Orchids Crafts.

*** edit***
I used my spun sugar distress marker on the edges of all the flowers then sprayed them with dazzling diamonds glimmer mist.
***

The leaves are from I am roses.

The pink bling mesh is from Pro31 Design.

Here is a close up of the center of the card...


All four of the Gecko Galz Viva la France images here are tinted pink...
not by choice.
My printer is running out of ink and tinted them for me.
Couldn't be any more perfect for a pink challenge don't you think?
LOL

Side view...


Linking up to:

The Shabby Tea Room - Oh, So pretty in Pink


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Love what you did with the inspration challenge. Your pop up card is just Beautiful!! Yum Yum.
Hugs Lynn

Sassy Raggedy said...

Very pretty. I love those colors. joann sassy raggedy

Kay Wallace said...

Great card, Carol. I can't believe you got the perfect pink from running out of ink in your printer! I have had that happen, but never ended up with anything I could use! I also can't believe that the open roses and the buds came from two different places...they appear to be a perfect match! You have brought together many elements into the perfect card! Good on you!

Carol Salisbury said...

Had you not mentioned how perfectly my flowers went together I would not have realized that I failed to mention the distress ink that I used on it! Oops! I went up and added an edit!
My luck with the printer ink running out was just that LUCK! I, like you, have had that happen many times with sadder results!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG, that card is gorgeous, I am a total pink lover and polka dots...be still my heart!

Carol

Lenet said...

Beautiful card always love easelcards . Thanks for joining us at the shabby tearoom..