Thursday, January 1, 2015

LOVE...a card...

Good morning everyone! 

I hope you all had a 
Very Merry Christmas 
and will enjoy a 
Happy Healthy New Year!

Today I want to share a card I made for my
Gecko Galz DT project.

This year Leeanne has added kits into the mix of all her wonderful collage sets, paper packs, stamp sets, etc... over at Gecko Galz Etsy
(more about the KIT Club below)

To make this card I used a few of the pieces from our first set
Love Potion #9!

I made this card for my husband


I used a brownish piece of cardstock for the card, another redish piece on top...off centered.
I topped that with one of the Love Potion papers.
I used a shimmery red paper in back of the heart die cut and added that topping it with the Love Potion Icon heart with pop dots. 

For the ticket I started out with a bead of glitter glue around the edges but wasn't happy with it so I got out my handy dandy finger and smeared it all over. 
LOL 
Now I was happy with that 
but...
 it was a bit sticky so I added glossy accents on top which gave it some extra shine!
Yay bonus!
 I put a pop dot in the center and glue on the ends to give it a bit of a wave over the hearts.

I wrapped the fibers behind the ticket and topped it with a couple of flowers I made with 
a Seeing Red paper (red & cream) as well as 
a scrap off my desk (the pink paper), 
added the leaves and topped it with a black Irock gem. 

The Candi's (brad's) were added to the top.


Inside I simply matted a piece of the Love Potion papers so I can add a sweet sentiment to or a mushy letter to my hubby!

*****

Seeing Red paper pkg (Drk printed paper for flower)
Love Potion #9 kit - Paper pk (background & inside of card) & Icons (postcard heart & Love ticket)


My stash
Die cut heart (I used my Cameo to cut that)
Candi's (brads)
Pop dots
Glitter glue
Glossy Accents
Red fibers
little leaves (Really Reasonable Ribbon)
Card stock
Brushed Corduroy distress ink
Irock gems

*****

A note about the  
Gecko Galz KIT Club


The kit club is sold at Gecko Galz Etsy Store HERE!

The club version will include papers, stamps, icons
 and 
an exclusive collage sheet.
If you join the club it is $100 for 12 kits. 

If you just want to purchase the kit monthly you will get the papers, stamps & icons 
but 
the exclusive collage sheet will not be included. 
If you chose to purchase them individually they will be $13 per set. 

You will receive your kits at the end of the month....
January's kit will arrive Dec 31th,
February's kit will arrive Jan 30th,
March's kit will arrive Feb 28th,
and so on...

For more info about the kits you can go HERE


*****
Thank you for dropping by!

(comments are always welcome)


                          

2 comments:

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

A most beautiful card! Love the hearts & layering! So creative! Happy New Year! Hugs,Tee

DonnaMundinger said...

So beautiful and romantic, Carol! Love the fiber texture and dimension. Your hubby is going to be thrilled. xxD