Friday, January 2, 2015

Challenge #1 at My Artistic Adventures

Good morning everyone! 

Happy New Year! 

It's time to start off the new year with a new challenge over at 
My Artistic Adventures! 

And our first challenge of the year is...

Anything Goes!


Create any NEW tangible item, Card, tag, ATC, Layout, altered art piece, Banner, pretty much anything you can come up with that is tangible using some of my digital images (or others).

(Sorry no digital entries)


Here is a look at what I created.....

I used...
The pink & aqua angel hearts digital collage sheet
(click on the image below to go to this sheet in the Etsy shop)

How cute is that little angel?

Adorable, I think!

I also got to use one of Heather's first paper sets...
Woohoo Heather!

I added some glitter to the wings, 
some liquid pearls heart candies on the tray & around the little hearts scattered on the card,
 a bit of glitter to give the tray some sparkle,


and some glossy accents to the heart on the tray and  
the sentiment added with the bow!


Below is a wall hanging that I had loads of fun making!
It feels like it's been ages since I've done a mixed media project like this!


I used the same angel collage sheet 
as well as a piece of 
Gecko Galz Love Potion #9 Kit Club Icons

Below are a couple of close ups 


I love the texture I added all over but especially on the hearts!
Gotta love texture paste!


Below you can see that I'm having fun making the little hearts with liquid pearls!




Also used on the card.....



this tag set...I used the script tag

(click on image to go to Etsy)



The piece of doily was cut with my new Martha Stewart circle puncher.
That was a Christmas gift from me to me! 
heehee

On the card  & the wall hanging...

Decembers ribbon kit ribbons
(that I won...yay me!)
 for hopping along at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
The pink seam binding is also from RRR.
I made the bows with my bow-it-all.
The white crochet trim under the Love Potion #9 Icon & cheese cloth is also from the December ribbon kit.
You can get all the ribbons in the kit separately if you'd like as well!

The couple of lace trim pieces on the top of the wall hanging were from my stash.

*****

Please remember you can use other images to play along & win the "Top three badge" 

but in order to win the Random Draw (a free collage sheet) and Designer's Choice (chance to Guest Design and receive free images) 

you must use one of My Artistic Adventures images. 



I hope you liked my inspiration!

I can't wait to see what you create!


*****

Links...

*****

I will be linking up with .....

Really Reasonable Ribbon's
Lookie what I got with Ribbon or Trim Theme

Frilly & Funkie's
Anything Goes


10 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Such a cute project- great texture! Love the new digis. Happy New Year, Carol!

Mrs Beez said...

Both fabulous projects Carol but I just love the texture of those hearts and the colour on that piece is superb.

Clareene said...

Oh my, such a darling card. Love all the detail and those sparkley wings are just great...

Moore Art From The Heart said...

Wow! Love this project! The texture is amazing! Girl you rocked this! Happy Crafting,
xxx Laurie

Nancy Dynes said...

I love your fabulous mixed media creation! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable card and fabulous wall hanging, Carol! Love the images and papers and the texture and dimension just ROCKS! Fabulous! xxD

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a sweet image, and your projects are so very pretty! Love the wall hanging! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Great layering and beautiful cards, Carol.

Jenny Marples said...

Love the way your hanging has come together and what a feast of textures! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

cherry said...

Gorgeous!!!!! thanks for playing with us at RRR!