Saturday, September 3, 2011

A loose woman

Yup, that's me! 
I've become a loose woman!
Loose leaf that is!

I have always loved my cup a tea. 
Mom could have put it in the bottle when I was little for all I know. 
I don't remember a time, growing up, that I didn't drink tea. 
It was always tea bags though, that you find in any grocery store.
And that was fine. 

Shawn, however, over at Poetry In a Pot of Tea, who has been a loose woman for some time now, had told me, a while ago, that there was a different taste to the loose leaf tea.

She left me wondering...
If I love my tea bags so much how would I feel about the loose leaf? 

I have been wanting to try it but unfortunately saw no opportunity, until this week.

While shopping downtown last weekend, I spied a tea house.
It looked so pretty from the outside but, alas, it was closed.

I had to wait.

Finally the opportunity arose Tuesday.
I walked in, looked around. 
Taking in the ambiance and the music, I was in heaven!
It was like time stood still.
Such a wonderful relaxing experience to behold. 

The woman who owns the place was there.
A lovely lady.
We had the chance to chat a while, she opened the place when her husband retired.

They have their own blends there and lots of them.
A great variety!
So far I have tried 2 and I am very pleased.

So I spent that wonderful Tuesday morning slowly sipping my wonderful tea and eating a blueberry scones that they baked for me right there when I ordered it.


My day was complete.

Ah, but this is not an experience to keep to yourself.
I couldn't wait to bring my daughter up there this morning.
While I chose another blueberry scones and a different blend of tea, she, who is not a tea drinker, drank a cup of their creamy rich hot chocolate and ate a chocolate cream tart.


 Doesn't that look yummy?

She smiled through the whole experience which made me very happy that I got to share this with her.

I walk away feeling very relaxed and happy. 

I also walked away with this little beauty as well as some teas to enjoy at home...


Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday too!


5 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am so THRILLED you tried loose tea....you are offically NOT a "Bag Lady" anymore. Drinking quality loose tea, compared to tea bag 'dust', is like drinking fresh ground coffee vs instant. Or how about homemade from scratch deepdish apple pie versus a vending machine Hostess apple 'pie'? There are some quality teabags (with actual real tea leaves inside, not crumbs) but they come from quality vendors, not the grocery store.Yahooo!!!! If you send me your snail mail addy I will send you something~ Your pics look great...bet you had fun! Choose good quality water too, and steep for the recommended time. PM over at Bellas!

Zaa said...

Ha Ha .. I'm a loose leaf woman too...I agree that bagged tea definately takes second place to beautiful, aromatic tea leaves... I now use the teabags for my eyes. Your pictures are mouth watering and I now must make some scones to have with my tea. ...I enjoyed my teatime visit with you ... I'll come again.... CHEERS

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, what an amazing experience!! It just seemed like fate that you would go in there. And I love the teapot that you got...it is precious!!

Thank you SO much for joining my new blog and for posting my button--I'm thrilled!!!
XO
Cindy

Heather said...

Sounds so yummy..and love the photos..so glad you and your DD were able to share this experience together. That Shawn has been a loose leaf girl...LOL..so now I will know two loose women...I am going to have to try the loose leaf. I believe there is a tea room downtown..not far from me.
xo Heather

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi! and thanks so much for visiting the Girl's Club!! I thought that cookbook was so cute!!
XO
Cindy