Monday, September 12, 2011

Mojo found!

It's been a little while.
I have been experiencing a little scrappy block.

This past weekend however I finally found some Mojo!


Shawn, over at 
Viola Ink at Bella Creations 
gave us a 

Oops is how I got through this one.

I pulled out the tiles that were left over from a project my hub's did a while back.
I stamped the image with StazOn. Then decided to add some color with Alcohol inks...
#1 mistake.
It pretty much wiped away the stamp or blended it with the alcohol inks. 
So then I retouched the alcohol inks and tried the Black StazOn on top...
#2 too dark! 
So the only thing I had on hand was Color Box white pigment ink. Looks pretty good, but.....
immediately after taking the picture I put my finger right in the Color Box ink which I knew was not dry...
#3! 
Needless to say...smudge! 
So I grabbed a wet wipe and wiped away and the result was a worn look.
It wasn't what I was going for but I kinda like it like this!
Before/After
Alcohol inks-Terra Cotta & Watermelon (which, by the way, came with no dropper tip so is now all over my hands because of a spill and this is some sticky stuff)

Another attempt with the tiles looks like this...
I used Slate, Denim and Meadow Alcohol inks on this background.

And keeping with the challenge I also made these...
Clothes pin/recipe card holders!
Peeled paint, fired brick, tea dye, and faded jeans distress inks were used on these. 

Not sure if I am finished with this challenge, lots of ideas running around in my head.
It was fun to try something outside of the "norm".



Post a Comment