Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rendezvous Days

Going with a little different blog today. 
I don't usually share pic's of my days but I thought I'd try something new today. 

I read Cindy Adkins books 
and 
Blog from the Heart: A Woman’s Guide to Blogging
and a few things that I read made me think I should venture outside of my box and share my day away from my scrap room once in a while. 

Since I had a wonderful day with my daughter yesterday I though it would be a good day to share.

We went to Fort Atkinson Rendezvous Days. 
A kind of fair with crafts and food but also a history lesson of days gone by as well.
They show what life was like in the 1840's with period costumes and a recreation of the time period with regard to the military life at the fort as well as the hunters, trappers, and traders. 
Here are a few of the pic's that my daughter took...

The tents they lived in way back when as well as this weekend. 
Looks like fun to me, they brought their beds with them, comfy cozy!
And lot's of furs to keep them warm.

How cool would it be to cook over the fire like that?

Don't know what they were shooting at but it didn't stand a chance. 


My daughter took a pic of me in front of this last building but between the coat I was wearing and the way I was standing I looked VERY pregnant, sooo NOT! 

I didn't see this one. 
Kind of and odd shape to this tent don't you think?
It's almost a teepee.

Lookie what this gentleman made and I took home.
Isn't he cute?

 This was a little show they were putting on.

Oh, I mentioned food up there so can't forget to show you...
my fried dough taco, YUM, and my daughters hot cocoa. 
Is it just me or does that look like a ghostly shadow of a fork? 

And this is my darling daughter with her new puppy that we picked up at the fair. 
Actually it was outside of the fort and down the hill. 
A couple was sitting in a pen with 3 little ones they were giving away for free and my daughter couldn't walk away without one. 
His mother is Collie/Rottweiler mix and his dad is a lab or lab mix, they were unsure. 
His name is Bear and he is such a cutie. 
Very clingy right now and unsure of the two dogs we already have here at home.
He is slowly getting used to his new environment though. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Sorry if this was a bit long for you and pic heavy but I hope you enjoyed. 
 
Not sure what is up with the font here. 
Looking at the preview it seems to be choosing it's own size.
 
Back to my scrap room!
 

1 comment:

Georgie Horn said...

What a fun day! The puppy is so cute!