Monday, September 19, 2011

Totes...

I have two of them to share today.

challenged us to do something a little bit different this month. 

Heather, at her group 
Debut des Techniques Graphique,
wanted us to grab 4 images and run over to GIMP to do a little editing. 
Then we were to take the GIMPed out image and print it or iron it on to a tote, pillow case, backpack, t-shirt or some sort of fabric.
Embellish as we like with buttons, lace, flowers, etc...

This is my tote...

I used a frame from Gecko Galz,
the roses and bird are from Graphics Fairy
and a photo of my Grands
(that was taken by my 13yr old daughter).

I also used the Pour Vous texture I got a while ago from 
I did a lot of hand sewing on this. 
Sewing machine broke and I decided to add lace all around the tote!
LOL
I added a bit of Perfect Pearl mist and Heritage Gold mist, both mixed by me.
A few buttons and there you have tote #1.

I linked this up to Brag Monday at Graphics Fairy
and
Pamela Joy - The Girls Club.
___
Shawn's challenge, 
at the Viola Ink Group, was titled 
No Paper Stamping.
You may have seen a recent post where I stamped on tiles. 
That was fun!

But...

since I have extra totes here, 
they came in a 3 pkg.
Why not do a little stamping on one of them too?


I may have gone a little crazy with the use of distress inks on this one.
A little wild honey, fired brick, rusty hinge, peeled paint, faded jeans and a touch of vintage photo. 

Before I did the inking I sprayed walnut ink all over it.

I used StazOn in black for the swirl stamping.


I added bling with my Irock.

And there you have tote #2.

Not sure what I will do with tote #3 but right now it is sitting in a tea bath. 

Thanks for stopping by...


4 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful crafts and such wonderful inspiration Carol! I love your totes, very pretty and cute too!

Cathy said...

These bags turned out amazing Carol!
That photo of your dgc is adorable!

2amscrapper said...

fantastic idea--beautiful totes!

Starr said...

These are great Carol, I've messed around and not practiced the Gimp thing. Of course now I'm sorry. You have done a great job and inspired me!!
Starr