Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Get well soon

This is just a quick peek at the Get Well Card I made for my big brother. 
He just recently had to have spinal fusion done.
All went well and he is home now, time for physical therapy.


This card is made up mostly of scraps,
the background, the ribbon, the fibers and the oval background piece.

The brads have been in my stash for ages, 
they were some of the first little goodies I bought when I started scrapbooking.

The one new piece on this card is the pretty paper that I wrote Get Well Soon on.
This paper is from the Gecko Galz Ever After paper collection,
go check it out,
 there are so many pretty papers in this collection!

I cut the ovals with my Silhouette Cameo.

I am linking up to:
Sugar Creek Hollow - Something Old-Something New

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

I can totally relate (well, almost) to your brother's surgery, as I am about to have the same (or similar) procedure. He will be pleased with your card! Love it!

Carol Salisbury said...

Thank you Kay!
I wish you the best with your procedure! I am also very familiar with back pain issues but I have been lucky, so far, and have only had to deal with physical therapies instead of surgeries.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful card, to wish someone well. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Lucky brother!! Lovely card....

Patti P. said...

Hope your brother is doing well with his therapy and has a speedy recovery. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow. I love the fibers, have some in my stash and may just have to drag those out.

Patti SCH/DT

Cheryl's Mermaid Garden said...

Just a quick not to say Thank You for your vote in the Mind Wide Open Contest. Love your card and the Tag is beautiful.
Also hope your brother will have a speedy recovery and much success in physical therapy. Again thank you for your vote.
Cheryl N.

Cheryl's Mermaid Garden said...

Oh my I'm so new to this blogging thing. Just wanted to say thank you for your Vote in the Mind Wide Open contest. Love your get well card . Hope your brothers recovery and therapy is successful.

Thank you again and I will be adding you to my list of bloggers to follow!

Carla said...

Hi Carol......long time no blogging! LOL I took sme much needed time off of the scrappy blogging world, and just now trying to get back into the swing of things and wanted to stop by and say HI! Hope all is well and I love your card. Nice work as always!