Monday, August 20, 2012

Birthday & Thank You cards

My nephew's birthday is coming up soon so I made a card for him today.

I started with Tim Holtz's jalopy stamp...


I stamped it on a piece of grunge board and fussy cut it.

I stamped Happy Birthday on a diecut piece of card stock and put on a pop dot.
Distressed the edges of my papers and added a bit of walnut stain distress ink.
Added a piece of burlap and set it all on a blank card base. 

Easy Peasy!

***

Linked up with...

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes

*****

My Thank You card was made for the 
Shabby Tea Room - Shabby Patterns challenge
  
The inspiration photo...


We had to use the colors in the photo, add flower and damask.

My card.....


I used a piece of Core'dinations paper and a Cuttlebug embossing folder, 
then sanded it to bring out the embossing.

Added a piece of ribbon, 
a Recollections flower that I sprayed with 
Pink Taffy Glimmer Mist,
and 
a diecut that I stamped with 
Heartfelt Thanks
in pink.

A close up.....


The sentiment is pretty light in the pictures but, 
thankfully, 
it is easier to read up close and personal!

***

Linked up with...

Shabby Tea Room - Shabby Patterns

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Of course, I like anything "Tim Holtz," but I have to say that I love your damask card! Both are great creations, Carol. Way to go!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card, Carol...love feminine colours and that's a great use of the emb folder, might have to dig mine out

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Love your take for the damask part of that challenge. And, that looks like the perfect man-card!! Simple and direct...

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Cards Carol. Love the one for your Nephew. And the embossing on the other is wonderful. joann sassy raggedy

Starr said...

Carol!!! How gorgeous!!! I LOVE that embossing, it is so elegant. What a beautiful card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Tea Room this week!
Hugs,
Starr