Saturday, August 18, 2012

Country Side mini

I bought this paper pack called 
Country Side Villa by The Paper Studio 
because I have acquired a love of roosters lately.
I'm also loving the colors in this pack.

I decided to make a mini with it.
I made a pocket with the striped mat, 
on the front cover,
 with dimensional tape 
and added 2 tags.

I also adhered the edges of the flower & rooster so I could slide another mat on the cover as well.

Inside the front cover I added a pocket for a couple tags.


The pages are file pockets I cut with my Cameo.
I cut the tags, flowers and rooster with the Cameo too.


I added a couple of flat back pearls to the side pocket on the above picture. They're not easy to see in these photos.


I used some flat back flower trim, from Pro31 Design, on the edges of this tag pocket.
I love this pocket...the tag slides in and you can see the top and bottom of it poking out of the pocket.



A small pocket holds some more tags.
I stamped lines and swirls on the back of some of the tags.
I used sticky back flat pearls for the flower centers.


I made an extra pocket on the right page above.
I added a gem to the edges of the mat/pocket.


I used my Irock gems on the right page above.


I used the flat back flower trim from Pro31 Design on the right page above.
The flower has a gem in the center.


I left the back plain.

There are lots of tags in all the pockets...
lots of journal and photo spots!

My goal in making this mini was to only use this paper and not end up with a lot of scrap pieces to add to my pile.
Aside from a little bit of bling I did good!
No scraps left from the sheets I used is a definite win!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol
Those papers work to perfection for that style.
I received Oxford Impressions' Country Girl in the mail on Thursday and those papers would be so perfect.
Love what you created.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

Carol, wow you've done an amazing job on the book- looks great- and I love all the pockets :-) Debi x

ps check out my rooster Doofy here :-)
http://chickadeesat117.blogspot.com

Carol Salisbury said...

Thanks Debi! I will definitely check out Doofy!

Heather said...

I LOVE this paper!! I love how your mini turned out...fabulous!! I love Roosters...love all your tags and pages...you have been busy!!
hugs
from your BOLB!!

Kay Wallace said...

Pockets are *almost* as important as the photos that will be added, Carol! You did an amazing job with these papers. Good on you, my friend!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful papers and perfect for this. I love it. joann sassy raggedy