Friday, January 28, 2011

Trinket box

I made this...


look like this...




I threw this empty ribbon spool on my desk a few days ago and said "I can make something with this". I didn't know what but something was there. Yesterday however it almost met the trash because it had gotten in my way! Thankfully I stopped myself. This morning I woke up, finished a tag I was working on last night and I looked at this pathetic little spool sitting on my desk and it finally hit me..."trinket box" I took the little bits of Ella Blue papers that I had saved and cut them into small pieces, decoupaged them to the sides, the top and the inside bottom, added a little lace and tile bits, then a little hot glue to add the pearls, flowers, feathers and, unfortunately, to burn my thumb and there it is.
Thanks for looking. 
Have a great, crafty, day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! What a great idea! This is absolutely beautiful!

Terry said...

Well ,I think your after picture is amazing! So beautiful!

Heather said...

OMG! I was looking at my Google reader...and saw this..and was like...oooohhh that is pretty! What a SMART idea! Then I realized it was "Carol"...that makes even more SUPER FAB! This is Beautiful! Put a STICKY note on that for me sweetness! Hugs!

Jan Hennings said...

BEAUTIFUL altered piece :)

Natasha said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous! Your altered items are amazing!