Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For the Daughters

I made one teenager happy last night. She had asked me to make this for her when she saw the one I made for her sister. It took a while but I finally did it. She loves blues and greens...
As you may know, I made that butterfly the other day when I was making flowers. The dangling clock-face charm says love. I should have grabbed a side shot but oh well. All I did to the side, beside paint, was to take the ribbon, that I have oodles of, from my moms stash and put it around the whole thing and hung the charm off of it. The charm tucked in behind Her Grammy and Pop-Pop says Cherish.

Ok, went back in to add a side shot and the charm. It is hanging on her wall now.





This is the recipe card book I made for me oldest, because she asked me for a recipe. Actually I made it weeks ago but just got back to working on it. It's not really fancy. I didn't want to bulk it up too much because she will be doing that with her recipe cards. She likes the antique look so I inked every where. I wanted to add some kitcheny shots and she loves "I Love Lucy" so I got the few of those that I could find and added a couple of others. I left blank areas for her to be able to add her own kitchen shots of her and the girls.I do want to add a couple of more tags and then this is off to her, In case you are wondering, I did include the recipe she originally asked for!





Thanks for looking!
Have a scrappy/crafty day!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Okay...this recipe book turned out Fabulous! I love "I love Lucy"..that is so perfect for a recipe book! Great job inking..and I love the papers and all the trim. She is going to freak out when she sees this. Beautiful!

I love the one for your other daughter too! I love that butterfly! You just might have to make me some of those! Maybe some kind of swap amongst ourselves! Love the cover..and the dangling charm!

I got to back to work on yours! Hugs!

Something Special said...

I am so happy to have your blog. I am a new follower of you too. Love the recipe book. I know my daughters would love something like that from me. Love your projects here.

Jan Hennings said...

LOVE, love this!

JannyBee said...

I love your blog...everything you make is beautiful! TFS