Friday, November 1, 2013

Treasured Times Challenge #5

Good morning everyone!

Today is the beginning of a new challenge over at 

You must use 4 shades of one color,
add some bling
and don't forget a stamp...we are a stampers after all.
You can use one of our stamps, designed by one of our many wonderfully talented stamp designers,
however if you don't have one of our stamps you can use one of your own!

The challenge runs from Nov 1st 8am pst - Nov 14th 11:55pm pst.

Here is my sample for this challenge.....


This gorgeous little stamp is called 
 designed by Erica Nicomedi.
Isn't she adorable?

I used several shades of reds & pinks, 
coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers


Above you can see the bling I used are a couple of black gems for the snowmans eye's made out of "coal"!

For texture on the snowman I used Snow Writer by DecoArt.

I added white flocking to Suzie's hat, collar and dress.

Gel-embossing pens give her holly & berries as well as her belt buckle a little shine and texture.


I added a bit of gold garland along the one side of the card and tucked a couple pieces of scrap ribbon on top of that.

In the mood for a little doodling so I went all around the edge of the stamped piece then topped that with a little vintage photo distress ink.

I hope you will all come and join us in this challenge.

I'm linking this card to .....
Card Crafters - Cute Cards challenge

Happy Scrappy Dayz!


7 comments:

Adorable Country Classics said...

Very cute Carol. Thank you for participating in our challenge!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!
Have a lovely weekend.
Wishes
Lynne

Heather said...

Super Cute! Love the flocking and the texture of the snowman!!
hugs
BOLB

Gill McCall said...

Such an adorable card, Love all the little ribbon tags cut at the side and how the holly and berries stand out.

Anonymous said...

Wow I love it!!!!

Gelsomina

Anonymous said...

Super cute card you have created, Carol. Love the bling and the little detail you added.

Nadja DT Sister

Jennifer said...

Very Cute! Love the texture details you've added! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!