Friday, November 29, 2013

Baby's First Christmas

Good morning everyone!

My ornament today is made with Gecko Galz papers and image
and is being featured on the Gecko Galz site.

My son & daughter-in-law are expecting a son,
SOON,
so my ornament is for my new Grandson's First Christmas...


I started with 3 wooden heart shapes.
I added a couple of pieces of paper (with mod podge) 
from the Blue Willow paper pkg, 
from Gecko Galz,
due out in a couple of days, 
in December!

I added some vintage photo distress ink to all the heart edges as well as all the papers, sentiment pieces, and image.

I used Crackle Accents to the top of all the hearts.

A close-up of the first heart.....


I used Glossy accents to add the sentiment pieces and the image 
then topped them with the Glossy Accents as well!


How cute is this little angel?
I found this cutie on the Christmas Children collage sheet at Gecko Galz and had to fussy cut him and add him to my ornament.
What better picture for a new baby's ornament!


I love the look from the Crackle Accents!


Above you can see that I drilled holes in the hearts 
(or "hearts" and flowers...I'll show you the flowers later)
 with my handy dandy Dremel so I could add
 jump rings and a glass beads to connect the hearts.

Below is a look at the back....


You can see the vintage photo distress ink and I simply added some Glossy Accents to the back.

I added a piece of baby blue ribbon from my stash to hang it on the tree!

If you haven't yet,
please pop over to Gecko Galz 
and check out more of the ornaments that the rest of the Design Team has created!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving 
and 
have a great Holiday season!











No comments: