Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's finally painted!

YAY!

It has taken way too long!

It has driven me crazy!

We moved in here two years ago!

With everything else that needed to be done and a couple of illnesses that needed to be dealt with first,
this was put on the back burner.....

 A couple of times!

But I finally did it!

And I am so happy with it!

Here it is.....


Oh wait.....

 I have to show you the before pictures first.....


Ta da!
My 3-green kitchen/dining room


A close up of that lovely pattern on the walls....


My poor, sad looking Christmas decor couldn't hide it!


But it's done now!

I've painted it all!

Big sigh of relief!

This is what it looks like now.....


No more green and cream cabinets!


No more green, gold and cream wallpaper 
(or whatever that was)!


Unable to afford new knobs just yet, 
so I spray painted the old ones!


I still have the olive green stove and sink 
but I can handle that now that I got rid of all the other greens! 

Yup the floors needs help but that will have to wait!

I'm so happy with the way it looks now, 
I can't help but smile when I'm in there!

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a wonderful week!




3 comments:

Heather said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It turned out great!! I cant believe the difference in the cabinets girlie! You did FABULOUS!! You need to look up some of the DIY blogs....there are some challenges...or link ups...this is FABBY!!
So proud of you....um...but really have you been there for 2 years already...because I remember you moving in...and I had no idea I've know you that long....I am getting old...lol
Hugs
BOLB!!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Your new kitchen looks beautiful Carol. It looks better, fresh and lively than the old one. Its so amazing that you gave it life by painting it yourself, WOW! I'm sure your cooking tastes better too now, lol. Yes, I can see you smile every time you're in there. I'm so happy for you.
Hugs,
Asmah

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

I love that warm terra cotta color!! And, you are right... the little touch of green certainly does not take away from the wall color. I painted my cabinets in the terra cotta color and got long, black wooden handles for them from Ikea... on sale for about $2 a pair. Guess what? May walls are a light apple green! Similar color combo... reversed. Just no white... Great job.