Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Halloween Tag Exchange

Good morning everyone!

I joined a facebook exchange group and our first swap was a 
Halloween Tag.

The only requirements were that it had to be 
8 1/2 x 4 1/4 and the Halloween theme.

Being on the Gecko Galz Design Team 
and loving the Hocus Pocus Paper pkg I couldn't wait to get started!

So here is my tag.....


I started with a manila folder that I cut down to make the tag then backed it with a heavy card stock to make it really sturdy.

All the papers, 
pumpkin image(Autumn Days collage sheet),
 envelope(Hocus Pocus paper pkg)
 and
 the banners(Vanity Fair paper pkg) that are below the image 
are from Gecko Galz.

I distressed all the edges and inked them with 
walnut stain and black soot distress inks.

I layered the background papers, 
cutting & curling the top bit of the striped paper so I can tuck a piece of the netting ribbon in there.

I got out my diamond mask and some modeling paste that I mixed with black acrylic paint 
and applied that in a couple of areas.

I sprayed my cheese cloth with several sprays...
oranges and black.

From there I started layering everything...
a couple pieces of curled papers,
small envelope with the little tag that I stamped with a Happy Halloween sentiment,
the pumpkin image with banners below
and a couple flowers.


The three Prima wooden house embellishings were inked with 
walnut stain, fired brick and broken china distress inks.
I went around the windows, doors and fence with a white gel pen then re-inked the houses to get a darker color on the houses and make the windows pop more.

The Dusty Attic mini tree was topped with vintage photo distress powder.
Love the texture that gave the tree!


Above you can see a close up of the pumpkin image, rolled paper, 
envelope with the little tag....

Below you can see that the tag is removable so my swap partner can keep the tag around until Thanksgiving if she wants to!


Below is another picture of the full tag.

I shaped the pumpkin hanger with some jewelry wire I found in the $1 bin at Walmart!


I put together a video, of this tag, that you can see here.

It's always wonderful to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous tag, love all the layers and embellishments. The pumpkin hanger is inspired!

Joan said...

I love your tag!! Such great embellishments!

2amscrapper said...

so many wonderful details on this amazing tag!