Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shabby Chic Card

I've been in a card making mood today.

I went shabby with this one...


I used a bunch of scraps for this one. 

The center piece is a canvas atc. 
I stamped it with a couple different stamps. 
I colored the butterfly with tumbled glass and faded jeans distress markers then sprayed the whole piece with a silver glitter mist and walnut gold glimmer mist. 

I am linking this to the 
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge
Anything goes

Paper Play Challenges
Distruction

Creative Craft Challenges
Distressed

&

Simon Says Stamp and Show
Anything Goes
_____

This is a glossy atc that I also made tonight...


I wanted to play with some alcohol inks so I used a couple of stamps with black StazOn ink, 
then added some Terra Cotta and Slate alcohol inks. 
It might be a little busy but I love the colors!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lovely distressing on your papers, I like the lace you've added too.

Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in oz
Whimsy Digi DT

Unknown said...

Love the distressing!
Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Whimsy Inspirational! Jo xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Carol. This is super nice. I love the edges and thanks for joining Whimsy's this week. DT Member joann sassy raggedy

Heather said...

Love the distressing girlie!! Sounds like fun playing with your markers and alcohol inks!! Your butterfly turned out fabby!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Your Shabby ~ Green card is just AMAZING!! and the lace...what a lovely touch!

Thanks bunches for joining this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

NancyD said...

Great distressing! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenge. NancyD

Julie M said...

Great work, Carol - I love the pretty shabby card - lovely papers, and your alcohol ink ATC is cool.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors and the butterfly is gorgeous!

Nicole Mullen said...

Brilliant work, love the pretty shabby card eapecially! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

cheryl said...

this is really beautiful the distressing,is just perfect,so shabby chic love it,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs Cherylxxx