Friday, May 25, 2012

Pretty tag

Well I finally did it...

I cleaned my desk!

Unfortunately though I am not in much of a crafty mood these days so it looks like it's going to stay clean! 

I did manage to finish this tag though...


It's been sitting on my desk in pieces for at least a week.

I designed the tag in Gimp and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo.

My doodling was done with worn lipstick and crushed olive distress markers.

The "stitching" was done with a sharpie pen.


Putting some glitter glue on her wings made the paper curl out a bit so I went with it.
I held the tag up to a light and did a little scribbling on the backside to copy the design of the wings then glittered them as well, then when I glued the front and back tags together I left the wings open.


A little bit of bling mesh that I cut for the edges.


The back I left pretty simple just my doodling and some liquid pearls.


My crinkled seam binding came from Shabby Beautiful Scrapbooking.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is fabulous! I love the tag...the wings turned out great!! Love the blingy bling and the seam binding! Of course the hidden tag :0)
Hugs
Heather

Starr said...

Carol you are a master with Gimp and your new Cameo! I've been so lazy I've just got to get started with Gimp! I love you birthday tag, it's gorgeous!