Saturday, May 26, 2012

Craftless fog

I am trying my darnedest to get out of this craftless fog I've been in lately.

Today I made a card and a wall hanging. 

First the wall hanging...


I'd been wanting to play with a dress form for a while now so today I finally did. 
I used lace & sequins from Creating is Fun and a piece of ribbon I had laying around.
Dressing it was not the easiest thing I've ever done but it was fun! 

I added a few drops of buttercup liquid pearls to the top but didn't like the look so I smeared it and since I liked that I added more to the bottom and side. 

The flower is one I made a while ago with patterned paper and Cameo diecuts.

A close up of the dress...


The images are from Magic Moonlight Studio Free Images.
Blanca always has such beautiful vintage photo's to work with.



I used vintage photo distress embossing powder on the grunge board key hole.
I love the look!

*****

The card...


The piece of paper that I used for the tag background is paper I made myself in Gimp. 
The rose image is from Gecko Galz

The lace is, again, from Creating is Fun.
And I used another Magic Moonlight Studio image. 


The wheat piece is from Pro 31 by way if my good friend Heather

The pearl piece is also from Pro 31 (direct route).
They are a cream/ivory color but I hit them with watermelon and terra cotta Alcohol inks. 
Not liking how sticky they were when I was done I took a baby wipe and wiped them off leaving them a perfect color without the stickiness.

I'm thinking "lucky me"!


I used another piece of my paper to stamp the inside sentiment on.

*****

I am linking up to...

Photobucket

12 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Hi there...looks like you spent some time crafting. I really like the way you made the measuring tape into a bow! The hanging has fab texture with cardboard, grungeboard and gauge. Thanks for stopping by my blog~

Ros said...

Lovely! So much interest on your wall hanging .. many thanks for playing along at CCCB

Heather said...

Carol~ Beautiful card!! I LOVE what you did to the pearls!! I am so going to do that :0) Yummy! Love all your images and your paper you created :0) Fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!
Hugs
Your bestest online buddie :0)

1CardCreator said...

Both of these are beautiful, love the dress with the slit too!

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and LO, thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodles Shop, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lovely creation, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Rita said...

What a stunning card. Oozes vintage and I love it. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty creation.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

crafty amy said...

Wow these are both beautiful and I LOVE the way you used that dress :D Seems like you have found your way through the fog. Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx

Cec said...

Wow, these are so fabulous and so vintage. What a perfect project for our challenge this week. Love all the elements you have added. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

cnelson said...

So LOVELY! Such FAB details! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!

Patti P. said...

Carol, such beautiful creations....love the wall hanging. Your creativity shows through beautifully on both of these. Love the pearls!
Thanks for sharing at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT