Saturday, November 12, 2011

A little purse

In my attempt to give Christmas gifts this year that are all handmade by me I decided to make a purse for my grand daughters.
This is a picture of the first one I made.....


I could have gone out and bought a pattern but then I would have to do all that cutting and pinning and I just didn't feel like it so I winged it!

Isn't that kitty material cute?


Look at the stitching! 
I love my new sewing machine!



Ok for those that may be wondering...
the scary looking guy with the big nose and braided yarn hair is a school project made, 
by my somewhat goofy son, 
years ago.
LOL
People laugh when they see it hanging and wonder 
"why"
 but I love it! 
It makes me smile!

The heart with the little pocket was another school project made by my younger daughter, a couple of years ago.

Maybe one day I'll show you my oldest daughters school project too.
That sits on my desk holding my scissors and stuff. 

____

Don't forget to pop on over HERE for the 
My Memories Suite scrapbooking software giveaway!

____

Photobucket

7 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE the little purse!! The fabric is soooo cute!! Giggle...I have some of the same kind of artwork hanging in my house...LOL. LOVE IT!! It is so special!!
hugs!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, I just love the purse and the fabric is adorable!! and I like the school project too...(I wondered what it was!) and that is great that you kept it.

I hope that you are having a beautiful Sunday AND I hope that your dad keeps this sewing machine running smoothly...I couldn't help but think of that the minute you said you were sewing.
XO
Cindy

Janel from NellieBellie said...

Thank you for stopping by Hating Martha! Glad I could return the favor...this purse is just darling! I know my 13 year old would like something similar!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fabulous gift!!
Wishes
Lynne

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Carol,
Oh, I loved reading your blessings list!!! And I hope your tag arrived~I sent it last week and hope it got to you.
(((hugs)))),
Cindy

Ava Gavloski said...

Yes, that new sewing machine sure does a beautiful job. Great purse!!
ava

Starr said...

Wonderful purse, what a great idea to handmake your gifts and use that new machine! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!