Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tea Time

Teatime is by its very nature a combination of small luxuries arrange in social symmetry. And although tea for one is certainly a fine thing, the addition of a circle of dear friends to share it with ensures the whole is larger than its parts.
 Author Unknown

Today I thought I'd share a cup of tea with you all.

Some of you may know that I recently went from bagged tea to loose leaf.
I have yet to look back!
The flavor is so much better than I expected and the act of making tea, now, is so much more fun that popping a teabag in a cup. 

I am drinking my tea today out of this beautiful cup I bought last week. 


What a perfect cup to share as fall is getting underway, don't you think?
It's called Autumn Glory.
I love the fall colors in the flowers
and the gold all around the edges!

Here is a close up of the flowers and gold on the saucer...


And look at the cute flower inside the cup...


 I love it!


 It says
By Appointment To Her Majesty The Queen.
I feel so regal drinking from this!

I loved the way it was displayed in the store so I went ahead and bought the rack it was on too!


And here is it's perch when it is not in use...


Proudly sitting on the mantle shelf my son made for me and right next to the "tea tag" that Shawn sent me.

Thanks for stopping by for a cup of tea with me.

 This will be my first time sharing a post with 
I have enjoyed reading these blogs and seeing the teacups everyone shares but I hadn't gotten around to share until today. 
Having this beautiful cup to share helped! lol

Have a great Tuesday everyone!


11 comments:

Myric said...

Oh that is a very beautiful fine tea cup. Reminded me of my mother-in-law's collection of antique cups. Make me want to drink lose tea leaf we bought from London.

Millie said...

The name of the cup really does suit it. ...very pretty!

Snap said...

What a lovely Paragon teacup you shared today! They are so special. Welcome to tea day and hope it is a happy one for you!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh I love teacups and YOURS is gorgeous!!! Woo hoo! I'll bet you love it!!!

XO
Cindy

Susanne said...

Yes, lovely cup and saucer. I see you are a scrapper, I hope you'll drop by my blog for tea and scraps too.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what a lovely teacup! I'm so glad you have joined us today. Teacups are so lovely and yours certainly is. Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Carol,
this is truly a beautiful fall tea cup. The design is lovely. I use loose tea, too. The good teas are cheaper that way. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tea time.
Best greetings, Johanna

Terri said...

Autumn Glory is just that! Glorious! It is the perfect cup for fall with it's golds, browns, yellow, and burgundies. The gold trim makes it really elegant too. Paragon is a fine company, and I am sure this cup feels good in the hand.
I was shocked to see I was not yet a follower of you! I have visited many times. I have fixed that now
: )
I am so glad you joined in T.T!
Hugs,
Terri

Cindy Adkins said...

Woo hoo!!! I see your graduate certificate--You definitely earned it, Girlfriend!!! Congratulations!
XO
Cindy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love tea cups and have a collections...None that regal though, what a great buy!

Carol

Carrie said...

The flowers are wonderful...like all Paragon designs this is beautifully done!