Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Tuesday


It took a while today but I finally got to sit down and have my cup of tea.
A bit of running around with my husband, this morning, started pretty early for us. 

Time to relax now before hitting the housework.
So a cup or two of English Breakfast and a lemon biscotti will do me fine this afternoon.

The cup today is from a set my mom handed down. 
To my brother.
The set mom left to me got lost during a divorce move and I am not really happy that no one knows what happened to it, but we won't go into that.

My brother moved down to Florida last year and in an attempt to move light he left me this set of dishes as well as Mom and Dad's old dining set. 
Yay!



I am linking up to Artful Affirmations

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Carol, how nice that you afterall ended up with a set. I do love a white set - you can put anything with it, make it seasonal or just make it go with your favorite other pieces!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
I'm so glad you got the set of china. White is always right and will match up with anything. Thank you for coming by and joining me for tea today. Hope you have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cathy said...

Carol, I am glad you at least ended up with your brothers set of china! I love white dishes!

Terri said...

Oh that is fab, that you got to sit down with a cup of tea, and that you were left such a lovely set of dishes! Yay! The white tea cup and saucer is pretty and perfect to go with just about any style.
Hugs,
Terri

Susanne said...

Lovely cup set - I like that swirl pattern and in fact just ordered a teapot with a similar look to go with some cups I have. I'm not joining in the tea party hop today, but being a scrapper I had to stop by. Blessings!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Carol: I love the set you got to keep. So sorry about the other one. Divorce is always hard. I am sorry you lost something so precious. Blessings, Martha

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Hi Carol....You had a no reply email address, so I just wanted to answer your question on my blog regarding my coffee table....

There is ALWAYS hope....Just give it a light sanding to scuff it up a bit. Be sure to use BIN primer to prime it...It's oil, so use a throw away brush for this part...then put on two coats of an eggshell or satin paint....it will turn out gorgeous....let me know if you need any other help...

Take care,

Lisa