Monday, October 31, 2011

One long crazy challenge...

BOO!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL!

This month Alda, over at Flying Unicorn challenged us with a month long challenge. 
We could make a layout or a tag.
Everyday she, or someone on her team, gave us instructions.
We were to do nothing but what they asked us to do!

I don't know what I was thinking but I chose to do a tag! 

It got a bit tricky and I have to admit I did give up a couple of times but I kept going back and I did finish.

Here is my tag...

Here are a couple of close ups...


It was a bit crazy not knowing what was coming next, like that black circle...
 I thought for sure someone would tell us to put something on it so I left it open and they didn't! 

When Frank said to put a 2x2 tile on there with a hole in the middle...

 first I worried...2x2 is so big for my tag with limited space at this point and a hole in the middle, oh my!

 But, since it was toward the end of the month, I thought the same punch I used for the black circle was a perfect hole to add at this point. 
I could tuck it under the image and over the black circle! 

Frank also asked us to use 2 diecuts together using popdots.
I have a limited supply of diecuts but I did find the little tag and dragonfly that worked well together.
I had fingers crossed that someone would say we had to add some ribbon or lace that I could add to it and woohoo, Helene came through with gauze!


There's my green ink with a little bling added (numbers 6 &7).
My 3 squares..brads.
My button is the little cream flower.

Toward the end when we were told to add a brad anywhere,
 I didn't know where I was going to add a brad, 
it already looked like it had enough little bits, 
until, luckily, I found the leaf brad.

The folded doily, tucked under the flowers gave me a place to put the bling needed "near the flowers."

As you can see I'm not listing all of the instructions, that would take a month!
LOL 

Pop on over to Flying Unicorn and check out all the wonderful creations everyone ended up with!

My tag is now hanging in my scrap room. 

Have a great, 
SAFE, 
Trick or Treating night!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Love the collage style and that image is stunning.
Wishes
Lynne

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, how totally fun AND beautiful, my friend!!

XO
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Carol,
I wanted to tell you something about the burlap in the tutorial...it adds great dimension and I hope you find the lace! lol
I hope you got my email on Friday about the book!!
XO
Cin