Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thank you card...

I haven't been in much of a scrappy mood these days but today I felt a little inspired after hopping through a bunch of blogs and sites I frequent.


This is a thank you card I made to enter in the 
Eensy Weensy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka dot Bikini
We had to use polka dots on our project anywhere any how.

As you know I play at Bella Creations all the time so you can bet this is also going to be entered in a challenge over there too.

As a matter of fact the image was given to us for the challenge.
The Bella Muse challenge
All we had to do was to use this image on any project.

Now without realizing it I combined the Bella Muse, Bella Tres Chic, and the Bella Unique Challenges.
However I am only entering in the Bella Muse. 

The Bella Unique required us to make our own stick pin. 
Although I did that on this card I already entered this challenge. 
The pin making is fun so it had to be done again!

The Tres Chic challenge required the use of this sketch that Heather made...


Isn't it pretty? 
I love this sketch so I did want to use it but I knew I couldn't enter the Tres Chic challenge because I have no sequins, which is a requirement. I went to the store to find some but could only find a huge bag and couldn't buy it knowing that I would probably never use all of them and I have some in the shed already.

I also used the Tres Chic challenge colors, unintentionally. 

I picked colors I thought went well with the image.
After all was said and done and I realized that I did a combination of the three I checked the colors and I found that I have the brown in my polka dots,
the pink are the swirl stamps I did as well as the pearl on the pin, 
the light blue is the glittery matt and the creme are my flowers and pearls. 

Do you think maybe I was meant to do that challenge?
Oh well, LOL!

Here is my card...


Here's a close up of the pin...


Here is a close up of my Dusty Attic piece that was given to me by my Bella Buddy Heather...


I painted my DA piece with white acrylic paint then used some 
Alcohol Inks, the Earthtones, 
just dabbing them on randomly. 
Topping it off with a layer of Glossy Accents.

The patterned papers and the pink ink I used for the scroll stamp are part of a gift sent to me from another Bella Friend, Pam.

The fabric flowers I made.
The creme roses are from Recollections. 
The teal flowers are all by Petaloo.

I am proud of my flower grouping.
It's the first time I have done a spray like that and liked it.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Gerri Herbst said...

Absolutely breath taking...so happy you did feel scrappy! gerri XOXO

Micupoftea said...

WOw, this card is so soft and pretty! Love the stickpin~

Gerri Herbst said...

Thanks for the incredible comments this weekend. take care, gerri

Georgie Horn said...

Your card is LOVELY! I found you via Bella Group Viola Ink group. Please also check out my blog...
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/