Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hope everyone is having a great and safe weekend!

No great big plans for this weekend. 
Stayed home and enjoyed spending time with my grandson. 

Did a little shopping.

Joined in on the fun at Flying Unicorns blog hop.

And per the blog hop rules and regs I made this card...


We were to make any project that was inspired by the Creative Team at Flying Unicorn, through the blog hop.

All of the girls blogs were inspiring but I chose to use the inspiration from Heather and Heidi...

Heather made a beautiful, patriotic mini album. I love the images she used and I love her shaped tags that she makes. 

Heidi made a layout using 4 different patterned papers that she used as stripes for her background.

We needed to not only use the inspiration from the hop but also had to sparkle and shine so...


on the Gecko Galz image, the balloon with kids, I added glossy accents to the flag and the flowers. 
I also used metallic gold pen to bring out the ropes and flag pole.


The laser cut balloon was stamped and heat embossed in white then inked with faded jeans & brick red distress inks.
The basket on the bottom was inked with brushed corduroy distress ink and then topped with gold glitter glue. 
Then gems to add the final touch.


HAPPY JULY 4th

 

1 comment:

Heather said...

This turned out just fabulous! It is one of my favorite of yours!! Lots of details...and it just looks stunning! Hugs..and glad I was able to inspire part of this!! Hugs
Heather