Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mini cover

Just thought I would pop in and show you the cover to a mini I am making.

I am going to enter it into the 

The challenge was to make your own stick pin and use it on any project.

My first thought when I saw this challenge was...

UGH!

You see I have all the pieces needed for this challenge tucked neatly away in the back of the shed, with everything else!

Then I got up and went to the store. 

This was something I had been wanting to do and didn't want to wait.
Here's the mini...




The Graphic 45 Le Cirque was a Bella Creations challenge win.
I distressed the edges and painted some glossy accents on the two pieces here.

The cover itself is made from a piece of card stock that I painted with mod podge and put the burlap on then just trimmed it down to size.

I made the two fabric flowers myself and the gold one is a button.

Thanks for the visit! 

Hugs!


5 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, this is unbelievable! I love it and your stick pin is amazing--You are so talented!!
XO
Cindy

Terry said...

Love the use of fabric! Beautiful page and the pin is gorgeous! You have inspired me to make a stick pin!

Pam AKA: picnic said...

looks wonderful Carol...wow, love the pin, now I have to find mine...

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful cover, the burlap adds just the right amount of texture!

Heather said...

Great Cover!! LOVE the stick pin..and the flowers...fabulous!!