Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ribbon Flower Tutorial

I have had several requests for a tutorial, from some of my Bella Beauty friends over at Bella Creations, so I am going to do my best here.

These are some of the ribbon flowers I've been making. 

You will need these:
 Start by folding the ribbon so you have a triangle... 
 feed the needle into the lower part of the triangle as shown, this will be the top side of the petal...
Trim the excess ribbon, pull the thread through leaving a bit of a tail, you'll need this to tie it off in the end. Continue making triangles and threading them through, you'll need 5...
 Once you have all 5 on the thread you will need to flip them over and tie the ends together forming your flower.
Trim the excess thread. I usually add a little bit of glue to the little bits of raw ribbon ends so they don't fray. 
 


Add a pearl, gem, button or what ever you chose and you've made yourself a ribbon flower.

I hope that looked as easy as it is. The trickiest part, I think, is getting that triangle. 
Happy ribbon flower making.



11 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful and thank you so much for sharing a tutorial! I will have to try this, because I sure love your flowers!

Micupoftea said...

FABULOUS!!! If I try this, I am going to link to your post!! TFS, Carol :D
Looks fairly easy~

Linda said...

Thanks for the tutorial! It seems easy enough....gonna give it a try! ;o) Linda

Pam AKA: picnic said...

Wow Carol thanks, tried watching one of these on utub yours is much much better, gonna have to try these, think they would make a darling little clip for Missy Ava!

JannyBee said...

Thank you for sharing this...can't wait to try it!

Lesley said...

Thanks so much Carol for showing us how these are made. I am off to see what I have in my ribbon stash.Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Starr said...

Carol, wonderful flower, it's gorgeous and I'm starting mine right now!

Heather said...

These flowers turned out fabulous! I need to try some of these!

Donna said...

Love this simple tutorial! Great for those smaller projects we need done in a hurry! Thanks for the tutorial!
Blessings,
Donna

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful, I love this tutorial. I think I can do this. Thanks Carol. joann sassy raggedy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a clear tutorial. I made one on my first try using 5/8" ribbon. I can't wait to go buy wider ribbons and play some more. 😘 Christina