Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trying to keep busy

Been in a bit of a fog again lately. Waiting for news on a new job for hub's and it is taking forever, driving me crazy! I hate the wait and unknowing. 

Anyway, this is what I have been doing while playing the waiting game:

This is Oh la la's Feb. Bookmark Challenge. Had to be a bookmark and use the little bunny there. He originally was holding a top-hat but I removed that and had him hold a heart. He is looking for his "love bunny". The vine came from a Bella friend who sent me some swap goodies, Thanks Anita! It was originally white, I added a bit of ink, Rangers Distressed Peeled Paint, to give it a green hint. The sunflowers came from another Bella, Thanks Heather! The bookmark was inked with Rangers Distress inks, Firebrick Red and Tea Dye, then a thin coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.



This one is for the Feb. Nuance De Couleur Challenge. The colors this month were mint green, brown, black and white. It's funny actually, I didn't have any mint green patterned papers until a few days before this challenge was posted. I bought this paper because it was different for me. Got it home, looked at it and thought, now what am I going to do with it? I was beginning to think I wasted my money. Thanks Maggie
We could do a card, layout, altered piece, etc... It had to have a clip art image and at least one 3d element. 
I actually didn't do a lot to this one. I inked the edges of the white card with Rangers Distress Black Soot ink and I added some Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint to the image. I used my I-rock from imaginisce to add the gems on the bottom. The flower is mine.

These are my cards for the Jingle Bella Christmas Card Challenge. We had to make 6 cards and, in honor of Valentines Day, we had to make our cards using the color red. This is a monthly challenge I am loving. When Christmas rolls around I will have one less thing to worry about. All my cards will be done. Yay!

This one is for the Feb Cartes Classiques Challenge. We needed to use the colors brown, maroon, & cream. We needed one 3d element, ribbon or fibers & a quote of our choice. This one for some reason was a tough one for me. I had all the elements on my desk for days but I just couldn't get it to come together in a way that I liked until this morning. That could just be because of the mood I have been in lately but I am finally happy with how it came out. I inked the papers with Rangers Distress Antique Linen Ink, used my Martha Stewart edge punchers and the butterfly is mine.

All of these Challenges are from Bella Creations
Thank you all for looking!
Stay warm everyone!

3 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

It is so easy to see why you were our Bella du Jour! All lovely projects (my vintage heart is loving the color challenge though)..and you are so supportive of other members. It really is a pleasure to play with you!

Micupoftea said...

Such a gorgeous variety! What I love most is all the different textures, Carol!! I hope your dh hears about the job soon!! :)

Unknown said...

Okay, so when you're in a fog you go crazy with the projects! They're all beautiful.