Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shabby Chic Flowers

I made these flowers the other day. I have been loving the ones Carla has made over at Bella Creations and had to try them myself.
 These are fairly flat so I think they will fit onto a scrapbook page nicely.

 This is a closeup of my fav in that group. Love the white of it all.

 These I got a little bit fancier with, adding pearl strings, feathers, fabric rosettes, and a flower made with ribbon & button.

This was a rosette i decided to try using fiber as well as fabric. 
I have to say it was a little tricky trying to twist them both together but I love the look.

Thanks for looking.
Have a scrappy day!


Oops... I forgot to mention, I used the Tim Holtz die for the flowers up above and I want to mention, if you also use his flowers, you might not want to try fraying the daisy cut. I tried several ways and it just wanted to fall apart. If however you tried it and you were successful please let me know how you did it.

4 comments:

Micupoftea said...

wow, Carol! These are awesome...great variety!

Terry said...

Well these are all amazing! The one with the fibers, really catches my eye! Love them all!

Sandy Ang said...

Such beautiful handmade flowers, each one unique and so charming. Hope you keep your spirits up through all the upheavals.

Linda M. said...

Hi Carol, I love your flowers. I've been seeing all sorts of paper and fabric flowers lately. I think I should try to find some time to makes some too. Sorry to hear about your troubling times. Have faith that things will get better. It's wonderful you have a son who is there to help you. I'm one of your new followers. I'll add you to my prayers too. Linda