Monday, February 2, 2015

Stepping outside of my comfort zone.....

Good morning everyone!

Today I am stepping outside of my vintage/shabby chic comfort zone 
and into.....

Steampunk!

YIKES

LeeAnne, over at Gecko Galz
asked those of us on her design team if we would like to make a project,
using her Industrial Digital Stamps to be featured on Gecko Galz Blog during the month of February!
And,
while our creations are being featured on the Gecko Galz Blog 
the Industrial Digital Stamps will be featured in
Quick Cards Made Easy magazine! 

Woohoo!
So exciting!

Now, normally I would run from a request like this, that takes me out of my comfort zone
but that little voice inside my head said
 "Do it!"
 so I said "Sure I'll give it a try!"

Then of course came that
"OMG what am I going to do...I don't know this steampunk stuff!"

Good old internet to the rescue.....

A little search here, a little search there 
and 
a spark of bravery and this is what I came up with.....


I printed a mirror image of the stamp and did an image transfer onto a couple of canvas's

Then I used a couple sprays for a bit of color
(suede & dragonfly by Tattered Angels)

I used a variety of Tim Holtz gears as well as other trinkets I found in my stash.
The center piece holding them together is a piece off my stove! 
(It's ok...I didn't need it!)
LOL

The wings are Dusty Attic. I painted them with pearl paint dabbers and topped them with some clear glitter.

The chain is from my stash.

The picture below is slightly crisper than the first one.....


I hope you like my creation!

*****
Don't forget to stop by Gecko Galz Blog for this months customer challenge
the theme is 
Vintage Ladies

Also don't forget to check out the Gecko Galz Blog all month long to see all the design teams steampunk creations!
*****


*****
Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Mixed Media/ Altered Crafts said...

Your steampunk pieces on canvas turned out gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant creation! Looks like you were born to do Steampunk. Amazing project! xxD